Photo: Couple's snapshot before being gored by rhino
Allegedly urged by a tour guide, the pair were standing near two rhinos to take a picture when they were attacked
By Steve Robson Daily Mail
JOHANNESBURG — This is the photo taken seconds before a safari tourist was seriously injured by a rhino - after she was allegedly urged to stand closer to the animal by a wildlife expert.
Chantal Beyer, 24, was visiting the South African nature park with her boyfriend when they stopped to look at some rhinos.
Afrikaans-language newspaper the Beeld reported that guide Alex Richter then advised them to stand a little closer seconds before the animal gored her from behind.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position