SUV driver killed, medics injured in Fla. crash with ambulance
A witness said the SUV was speeding when it hit the ambulance, sending it skidding
By Victoria Price
FORT PIERCE, Fla. — One person is dead and two others were injured following a Tuesday evening crash at a Ft. Pierce intersection between an SUV and an ambulance
The crash happened shortly after 6 p.m. near the intersection of Virginia Avenue and 25th Street.
According to police spokeswoman Audria Moore, a white Nissan SUV was driving on 25th Street and collided with an All-County Ambulance that was stopped at the intersection, waiting to make a left hand turn.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position