2nd accident in Mass. kills EMT who tried to aid victims
By Karen Nugent
TELEGRAM & GAZETTE (Massachusetts)
Copyright 2006 Worcester Telegram & Gazette, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
ATHOL, Mass. — An elderly Dracut man was killed in a crash with an allegedly drunken driver on Route 2 early yesterday morning.
And in a bizarre twist, a young emergency medical technician who had stopped to help at the crash scene died about an hour later when his car went off the road in Pelham as he was on his way back to the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position