logo for print

Woman burns down home setting snake on fire

She thought putting gasoline on the snake and setting it on fire would get it out of her house


KHOU

LIBERTY EYLAU, Texas — Snakes give a lot of people the creeps, but now there's a new reason to fear them: One has been blamed for setting a house on fire in North Texas.

A bizarre chain of events led to a massive blaze that completely burned down one home and damaged another on Wednesday night in Bowie County. The fire chief explained how things went tragically wrong moments after the homeowner made a quick decision after a frightening discovery.

"While cleaning up, she saw a snake, threw gasoline on the snake, and lit the snake on fire," said Deputy Randall Baggett of the Bowie County Sheriff's Office. "And the snake went into the brush pile and the brush pile caught the home on fire.

Full story: Texas woman accidentally sets home on fire after finding snake

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2018 EMS1.com. All rights reserved.