Severely ill boy loses coverage due to glitch
The boy's family was initially told that he was being pulled Medi-Cal
By Susan Abram
The Daily News of Los Angeles
CANYON COUNTRY, Calif. — The government letter arrived like a wrecking ball into Ashlee Ricci's life.
It said her son Justen Giron, 13, was no longer eligible for Medi-Cal. It said he wasn't sick enough.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Severely ill boy loses coverage due to glitch
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position