Fatal Ark. head injury: Medics couldn't transport out of county
CEO of ambulance company: 'why we did not transport would be a question for the hospital'
By Deedra Wilson
CLINTON, Ark. — "In this case I'm heartbroken"
This is emotional reaction from Brett Blackney's friend and client Jean Robinson. She feels maybe his life didn't have to end.
According to (a) Clinton Police Report, Southern Paramedics could not transport Blakney to Little Rock, because they had only one ambulance and couldn't leave the county unattended.
Full Story: Ambulance concerns in Van Buren County
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position