Clinical Education Supervisor
Vital EMS - worcester, Massachusetts
Oct 22, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 30, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $$60,000 - $70,000 annual
Clinical Education Supervisor
Must be a Paramedic
Job Title: Clinical Education Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under general direction, oversees Clinical and Educational Services activities for Operations and Communications. Represents Vital to local committees, medical and training institutions, and other related agencies. Responsible for the creation, implementation, and tracking of education programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the CES function for multiple Practices and Communications. Provide guidance and direction to the local CES professionals within the practices concerning a consistent approach to clinical education and processes.
- Participation in Nationwide clinical programs gaining valued information to be utilized in local practices.
- Participation in the budget process.
- Monitors and develops improvement programs based on the Practice Impact Measures and other metrics.
- Oversight of data entry and integrity into various systems. (CARES, Oracle, etc.)
- All associated duties with Communications Center Accreditation Maintenance.
- Assist in recruitment through involvement in area EMS classes and career days.
- Assist in the continued development of an orientation program and a system of continuing education.
- Responsible on an ongoing basis of mentoring the local CES professionals with a goal of developing a team oriented approach with positive results. Comply with all employment laws an supportive affirmative action/equal opportunity goals.
- Develop and maintain record keeping process of clinical testing including employee selection, protocols and guidelines, etc.
- Actively participate in and/or develop a process for the evaluation and/or selection of equipment.
- Develop education process to include course objectives, examinations and manuals for use as lesson plans.
- Coordinates orientation classes, certification courses and re-certification courses for internal and external customers
- Participate in clinical aspects of problem resolution.
- Oversee any clinical requirements related to contracts, agreements, etc.
- Track and reviews events in response to complaints and/or compliments relating to medical performance.
- Conduct clinical quality assurance investigations immediately upon receiving information regarding a possible protocol or standard of care violation. Provide timely briefings to the General Manager and the Regional Director of Clinical Services, on incidents and investigations, as appropriate.
- Responsible for tracking and maintenance of employee certifications and vaccinations in a database.
- Identify, develop, and implement quality improvement (QI) programs. In order to assure clinical excellence, programs should include, but are not limited to proactive and retrospective elements of QI concerning clinical call reviews, chart reviews, and trend analysis for both individual and group clinical performance. Such programs should drive the continuing education (CE) process and related coursed offered to field personnel.
- Responsible for the Field Training Officers (FTOs). This includes, but is not limited to, leading the selection process of FTOs; the monitoring and directing of the FTO program; assisting with development of FTO guidelines and procedures; and coordinating the FTO committee.
- Represent Vital with local EMS education programs and assure integration with internship and preceptor needs.
- Serve as a clinical resource for field and management personnel.
- Assist in the creation/revision of medical policy.
- Oversee clinical aspects of field performance and review completed patient care reports for accuracy.
- Represent Vital with local EMS education programs.
- Participate in scheduling internal and external third riders.
- Schedule continuing education programs for pertinent to field and communications educational needs.
- Design, implement, and review utilization management plans.
- Evaluate statistics regarding Medicare, Medicaid, and other billing for review of problem areas and provides clinical support for documentation and billing personnel
- Participate in appeals processes from a clinical perspective.
- Occasional travel
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems
++NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES++
- Perform other duties required or assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required, BS in Healthcare or Education preferred. Current State License/Certification as a Paramedic required and EMS-I preferred. Instructor certification in CPR, ACLS, PALS, PEPP and PHTLS preferred.
Minimum of two (2) year’s experience in the direct delivery of pre-hospital advanced life support as a Paramedic in a high volume setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
Basic knowledge of computers and Windows software. Basic knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement concepts and principles. Acceptable driving record. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Age: 18+
- Education: Paramedic certification
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) year’s experience in the direct delivery of pre-hospital advanced life support as a Paramedic in a high volume setting.
How to Apply
Apply here: https://careers-amr.icims.com/jobs/11299/clinical-educational-supervisor/job