Temporary EMT Basic
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
American Medical Response - Ventura County, California
Feb 23, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Mar 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $18.20+ hourly
AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
POSITION: EMT Basic, ++Temporary++ Full-Time
LOCATION: Oxnard, CA (Ventura County)
This is a temporary position that will primarily involve assisting the public with COVID-19 testing within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies. Temporary employees will receive priority to interview for regular Full-Time positions once available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains the level and type of certification consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of the quarters to which assigned.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Technician or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Maintains a level of physical fitness consistent with Physical Ability Testing.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with allied health and public safety personnel.
- Complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered.
- Adheres to medical treatment protocols.
- Ability to stand outdoors for long periods of time and work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
- Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every AMR employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every computer user to:
- Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures
- Attend Information Systems security training, when offered
- Report information systems security problems
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must have current Emergency Medical Technician certification for the state of California, Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification, California Driver’s License, and driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability.
- Emergency vehicle operation knowledge and Radio communication skills preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions, perform the essential job functions are required.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired
Alice Meltzer Wiens
How to Apply
Please visit https://amr-careers-gmr.icims.com/jobs/search