Paramedic - Chicago, Illinois
LifeLine Ambulance LLC. - Skokie, Illinois
Jun 30, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $16.50 & commensurate with years experience. hourly
Driven by care, the LifeLine philosophy permeates far beyond a slogan. Established in 2008, LifeLine has rapidly blossomed into a regional industry leader. Our staunch reputation is built on reliability, safety and innovation. Proudly serving our communities in Illinois and Michigan, LifeLine’s progressive expansion is reshaping medical transportation.
Position title: Paramedic/ EMT-P
Location: Chicago Metro Area
LifeLine is looking to hire multiple Paramedics in response to our rapidly growing call volume. Paramedics respond to emergency calls, performing medical services and transporting patients to medical facilities and continue to give care as necessary during the transport of the patient to the hospital. People’s lives often depend on their quick reaction and competent care. Paramedics must be able to maintain their composure in extremely stressful situations in order to assess medical situations and perform emergency lifesaving procedures.
- Provide pre-hospital patient care as outlined in Region XI EMS Standing Medical Orders.
- Respond to emergency medical calls for assistance and provide care that coincides with the Region XI Standing Medical Orders and level of training. Non-emergency calls may be fielded by Paramedic teams depending on call volume.
- Assess a patient’s condition and determine a course of treatment
- Administer medications as outlined in Region XI CNEMS Standing Medical Orders
- Perform advanced life support measures as outlined in Region XI CNEMS Standing Medical Orders
- Mentor EMTs that are students in paramedic school (requires 1 year of Paramedic experience and/or Preceptor certification).
- Competitive Pay, PTO, overtime opportunities
- A variety of elective benefits including Medical, dental, and Vision insurance, and 401K
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site continuing education
- Family culture based on open communication
- EMS career advisers
- Age: 18+
- Education: Paramedic License - Illinois
- Experience: Licensed Professional
What you need to succeed:
- Skills and experience incumbent to function with proficiency at the ALS level of service.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Illinois Licensure as a Paramedic
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Must successfully pass Region XI CNEMS Paramedic System Entry process
- Current CPR card
- Consent to a criminal background check
- Must be available for up to 7 day orientation class
- Ability to lift/push/pull at least 100+ lbs.
- ACLS Certificate
- PHTLS Certificate
- ITLS Certificate