EMT-Basic - Skokie, Illinois
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
LifeLine Ambulance LLC. - Skokie, Illinois
Jun 30, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $$15 & commensurate with years experience. hourly
About LifeLine Ambulance LLC.
Driven by care, the LifeLine philosophy permeates far beyond a slogan. Established in 2008, LifeLine has rapidly blossomed into a regional industry leader. Our staunch reputation is built on reliability, safety and innovation. Proudly serving our communities in Illinois and Michigan, LifeLine’s progressive expansion is reshaping medical transportation.
Position title: EMT-B
Location: Skokie, IL
EMTs are professionally trained to care for the sick or injured in emergency medical settings. Provide basic emergency and non-emergency paramedical care to the ill and injured. People’s lives often depend on their quick reaction and competent care. EMTs respond to emergency calls, performing medical services and transporting patients to medical facilities and continue to give care as necessary during the transport of the patient to the hospital.
EMTs must always perform their duties in a calm, reassuring and efficient manner. They must be able to maintain their composure in extremely stressful situations in order to assess medical situations and perform emergency lifesaving procedures according to the methods in which they've received training.
They must also be able to safely transfer a patient onto and lift and carry a stretcher into the ambulance in the event the patient needs to go to the hospital.
- Competitive Pay, PTO, overtime opportunities
- A variety of elective benefits including Medical, dental, and Vision insurance, and 401K
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site continuing education
- Family culture based on open communication
- EMS career advisers
- Age: 18+
- Education: EMT License - Illinois
- Experience: Licensed Professional
What you need to succeed:
- Skills and experience incumbent to function with proficiency at the BLS level of service.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Illinois Licensure as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)-Basic
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Must successfully pass Region XI CNEMS System Entry process
- Current CPR card
- Consent to a criminal background check
- Must be available for up to 7 day orientation class
- Ability to lift/push/pull at least 100+ lbs.