Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
American Medical Response - Santa Barbara, California
Feb 23, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Mar 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $13.81+ hourly
AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
POSITION: Paramedic Internship, Full-Time
LOCATION: Santa Barbara, CA*
*Please note that incumbents could be asked to work in both North __++or++__ South Santa Barbara County, depending on current business needs.
ARE YOU CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN AN ACCREDITED PARAMEDIC PROGRAM?
Full-Time Sponsored Paramedic Internship Opportunities Available!
Paramedic Interns will be hired as an EMT Basic and assigned to a Paramedic Preceptor to complete the Field Internship phase of our program. Upon successful completion of the internship and certification/accreditations, Interns will be moved to a Paramedic position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care including ALS and BLS medical evaluation, treatment, stabilization, and transport.
- Responds to emergency rescue situations involving potential loss of life or bodily injury.
- Maintains scene control and manages/directs patient care during a pre-hospital emergency.
- Acts as a patient advocate to ensure compassionate and clinically sound care is provided.
- Provides training and instruction to allied agencies and the public.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Immediately reports any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Resume + Letter of Recommendation from Paramedic Course Instructor
- CA State EMT Card
- CA Driver's License
- CA Ambulance Driver's License
- American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, & PALS Cards
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Driving record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving Policy (proof will be required if conditional employment offer is made).
- Emergency vehicle operation knowledge and Radio communication skills preferred.
- Ability to successfully pass a Physical Ability Test (lift, drag, hoist, and carry equipment and other heavy objects).
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read/interpret/follow instructions, and perform essential job functions as required.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired
Alice Meltzer Wiens
How to Apply
Please visit https://amr-careers-gmr.icims.com/jobs/search