San Leandro - Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
American Medical Response - San Leandro, California
Mar 30, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $19.50 hourly
AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
IMMEDIATELY HIRING! EMT FULL-TIME & PART-TIME Opportunities
LOCATION: San Leandro, CA (Serving Alameda, Contra Costa, Solana, & Santa Clara Counties)
Sign-On Bonus $1,500 for FT/Hires
START YOUR EMT CAREER WITH AMR'S EAST BAY IFT OPERATION IN SAN LEANDRO, CA!
Develop the skills necessary for an accelerated transition into one of our many Northern California 911 Divisions (Contra Costa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Yolo, Placer, San Francisco, and more!) by working aboard BLS, CCT Paramedic, and CCT Nurse units!
WHAT SETS US APART?
Located in the sought-after San Francisco Bay area, AMR San Leandro provides unparalleled and fast-paced service to Alameda, Contra Costa, Solana, and Santa Clara Counties. Unlike in most other BLS roles, our EMTs run high volumes of Interfacility Transfer calls and have opportunities to work special standby events, assist Critical Care Paramedics and Registered Nurses, provide back-up 911 services during surge volumes and even respond to disasters as part of our local and national Disaster Response Teams. Incumbents will receive comprehensive and unrivaled training that prepares them for a successful future in EMS.
By joining the AMR San Leandro team, you will become part of the Global Medical Response family. Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Our Operation offers full benefits packages, advancement and transfer opportunities (Instructor, FTO, Associate Supervisor, Supervisor, etc.), and more! This is the ideal place to gain real hands-on patient care and EMS experience that will directly benefit your career – whether your dream is to become a 911 EMT, Paramedic, Registered Nurse, Physician’s Assistant, Physician, Fire Fighter, or Law Enforcement officer. Our leadership team is committed to supporting you and helping you achieve your goals!
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The successful applicant is motivated to become part of a team that delivers high-quality patient care and stellar customer service at a moment’s notice. This EMT is highly motivated and compassionate, providing the best care possible while ensuring the highest degree of safety for our patients. If this sounds like you, apply now to launch an exciting career with the nation’s leading EMS provider!
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) responds to emergent and non-emergent requests for medical assistance and delivers high quality patient care, treatment, and customer service in the most expedient, professional, safe, caring, and cost-effective manner possible within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and Company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows and maintains thorough familiarity with evolving medical treatment protocols, response requirements, quality assurance procedures, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other Company policies.
- Operates Company vehicles in accordance with Risk & Safety policies; is familiar with and abides by traffic laws governing the operation of emergency. response vehicles and maintains a driving record in compliance with Risk & Safety policy requirements.
- Develops ability to locate addresses quickly and safely through knowledge of number systems and street layouts with and without the assistance of maps and electronic mapping devices.
- Performs beginning of shift checks to ensure the ambulance is in a state of mechanical readiness; tops off fluids as necessary; ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are on board.
- Reports immediately to the Supervisor issues and any discrepancies in vehicle, equipment or supplies standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call and notifies Fleet Maintenance/Supervisor of mechanical failures of the ambulance and equipment.
- Ensures the ambulance is cleaned inside and outside, restocked, tagged as necessary, and fueled at the end of each shift.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment and of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered.
- Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate and expedient manner.
- Communicates effectively with empathy and compassion to interview patients, their family members, bystanders, other service agency members and facility staff.
- Discerns deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient’s condition and to the treatment given.
- Converses with Dispatch, facility staff and other responders via phone or radio as to status of patient.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS & DOCUMENTATION:
- CA State EMT Card
- CA Driver's License
- Ambulance Driver's License
- American Heart Association BLS Card
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- ICS 100, ICS 200, NIMS 700 (optional, but preferred)
- Proof of Vaccinations (to include TDaP, TB testing, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella / Chicken Pox, and Influenza)
- Titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof of vaccination, and poof of vaccines in progress will be accepted
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Some prior work experience in a health care system preferred.
- Some advanced education preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong listening and comprehension abilities.
- Adaptability to quickly evolving situations.
- Strong decision-making.
- Driving Record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment offer is made).
GUIDING VALUES & BEHAVIORS:
Employees must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Experience: Entry-Level
NOTE REGARDING COVID-19: Upon accepting an offer and joining the GMR family, new hires will be required to submit a COVID-19 vaccination status of either ++vaccinated++ or ++not vaccinated++.
How to Apply