American Medical Response - Redding - Redding, California
Apr 6, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- May 8, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $16.03+ hourly
AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL FULL-TIME HIRES!*
*24-MONTH COMMITMENT AND OTHER CONDITIONS APPLY
POSITION: Paramedic Basic, Full-Time ++or++ Part-Time
LOCATION: Redding, CA (Shasta County)
AMR REDDING IS HIRING QUALIFIED & DRIVEN PARAMEDICS!
LOCATED IN THE HEART OF BEAUTIFUL SHASTA COUNTY
With its breathtaking natural scenery and picturesque river flowing through the city, Redding is known as one of the top locations for recreational activity in Northern California. It has been called the “Unofficial Capital of Kayaking,” a “Gem of the U.S. Trails System,” and one of the “Top 10 Fishing Towns in North America.” The sun shines over 300 days a year here, making it the 2nd sunniest city in the United States. And with hundreds of miles of trails, national parks, and forests nearby, there are boundless opportunities for sightseeing and exploration!
WHAT SETS US APART?
American Medical Response is part of the Global Medical Response family. With more than 38,000 employees nationwide, we deliver compassionate, quality medical care primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services. We provide full benefits packages to eligible employees, advancement and transfer opportunities, and so much more!
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
*Please upload the following to your Candidate Profile for consideration
- CA State Paramedic Card
- CA Driver’s License
- CA Ambulance Driver's License
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS Cards (check local EMS website for approved providers)
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Driving Record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment offer is made).
- Some advanced education preferred.
- Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired
Alice Meltzer Wiens
How to Apply
Please visit https://amr-careers-gmr.icims.com/jobs/search