Professional Services Project Manager
Philadelphia Fire Department - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Jul 16, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $75000 annual
R1 RCM Inc. is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1® is a publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Project Manager is a part of our Professional Services group which is an internal consulting team which is in place to implement new and support existing EMS revenue cycle management clients. This team creates, refines and uses best practices and lessons learned to ensure consistent approaches and methodologies to onboard our new clients and improve our service offerings quickly, efficiently and with high quality. This role can be summarized as a Technical Problem Solver: a company ambassador that acts as a servant to our clients in listening with empathy to their needs, working within limitations to come up with creative solutions that meet those needs, and ensuring the delivery of these solutions to meet our customers’ needs and allow them to focus on taking care of patients in the communities they serve.
Project Managers in this department typically manage projects in the following areas:
- Manage and oversee work that we offer for clients (i.e., implementation of patient care reporting and revenue cycle solutions, mobile hardware, software, peripherals installation, support, etc.), including direct oversight of subcontractors.
- Manage the initiation, stakeholder identification and requirements gathering, management and control, and closing of projects including new business, added functionality, enhancements, subsystems, dashboards, etc.
The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic and results-driven individual ready to be a senior member of our Professional Services Team. The ability to plan ahead, organize tasks, meet deadlines, pay attention to detail, and be willing to do what it takes are key to success in this role. This individual will report directly to the Director of Professional Services & EMS Technologies. This role supports clients across the US, however a physical presence in the Philadelphia metropolitan area is required.
- Create and manage project plans for starting up new clients, managing existing clients and/or managing subcontract work
- Local management and support of technology solutions for major EMS agencies
- Provide on-site training for new users and new feature rollouts
- Facilitate agency EMS and R1 product management meetings regarding current feature requests, prioritization, release scheduling and management
- Participate in monthly and quarterly on-site EMS and R1 product management meetings regarding new business requirements and feature requests
- Conduct fact gathering meetings with clients to obtain startup or sustaining requirements
- Assist with mapping client’s business needs to R1 processes, identify gaps and methods to address via process and/or technology
- Collaborate with product development and client service team to understand the contract, terms and deliverables
- Communicate proactively and partner with Client Relations, Operations, and IT during the rollout timeframe to ensure a smooth transition to ongoing support
- For subcontractor relationships, conduct regular status meetings with the vendor and client to manage and track project progress & issues
- Manage client specific requests and projects for special enhancements to the R1 suite of software including needs analysis, vetting, stakeholder identification, and coordination with development and client relations teams
- Assure all tasks on project plans are completed successfully and with high quality
- Conduct project “lessons learned” after each engagement to improve our process and best practices and update our knowledge database (JIRA/Confluence) to share with colleagues
- Lead special projects to improve business processes OR spearhead tactical special projects to address a business process change that impacts internal or external customers (e.g., communication of changes to the way we will handle process improvements)
- Demonstrate role model behavior and mentor any junior members of our team
- Promote culture of partnership and teamwork within our department and across other R1 teams
- Compliance with corporate policies
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience as a Paramedic in a busy 911 EMS system preferred (a mix of direct patient care and supervisory roles preferred)
- BS in technology related field, Health Information preferred
- RHIA, RHIT, PMP certifications preferred
- Deep working knowledge of NEMSIS 3 and TripTix CDX or other ePCR solutions
- Experience with CAD, AVL, and wireless technology integrations or projects
- Flexible, with experience managing in highly adaptive emergency response environments
- Ability to rapidly triage, prioritize, and execute multiple projects and tasks, often under pressure
- Proven implementation and project management experience with large municipalities or health systems
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Positive, Proactive, and Servant Oriented: able to quickly understand stakeholder needs and add value to build lasting relationships with a wide variety of corporate and municipality stakeholders
- Advanced software proficiency with Microsoft Office 365; SAP Business Objects; MS Project and/or SmartSheets; Adobe Acrobat; JIRA; Confluence; Sharepoint
- A systems thinker with strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed with experience working in a self-organizing team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Revenue cycle management, health information experience, and/or knowledge of ambulance billing systems and regulations preferred
- Flexible schedule to meet deadlines which may require work after hours or on weekends.
- Travel Required – Up to 25%
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovative and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit: R1RCM.com. #LI-TD1 #IDTDHI #GDTD1
- Age: 20
- Education: Bachelors
- Experience: EMS, Project Manager
How to Apply
Apply via the following link: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ACC1011RRCM/JobBoard/a25fd986-9419-41cb-82ba-76e9a8316b9d/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=6b4c3d2a-897e-487b-a398-8ea45ae82088