Security and Emergency Services Officer
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
Cedar Crest Village - Pompton Plains, New Jersey
Oct 11, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $Based on years of certification hourly
We are hiring a Security and Emergency Services Officer for our gated retirement community. The SES Officer is responsible for carrying out the Security and Emergency Services Programs, including Security, Emergency Medical Response, Safety/Life Safety, Emergency Preparedness, and Prevention/Outreach.
How you will make an impact:
- Perform regular patrols of the property, provide relief staffing for the gatehouse, and respond to emergency and routine calls for service.
- Enforce all traffic and parking regulations.
- Respond to calls for service from dispatch and security.
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide efficient care utilizing all basic interventions as outlined in the ERP Protocols and the EL Integrated Healthcare Model.
- Follow up on reports of missing items, theft, vandalism, and other potential criminal activity.
- Utilize local police, fire, and EMS; effectively during emergencies. Completing thorough and detailed incident reports using our online report system.
Cedar Crest is a beautiful 130-acre continuing care retirement community nestled in the Ramapo Mountains in Pompton Plains, a neighborhood of Morris County, New Jersey. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience: Preferred but not required
What you will need:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Prior experience in Security and/or Emergency Medical Services is preferred.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Current CPR for Healthcare Providers certification
- Current Emergency Medical Responder certification. (Higher level certification/licensure is acceptable as a condition of hire, however, new hires will be required to obtain EMR certification within 30 days).
*All required licenses and certifications must be maintained as a condition of employment*
How to Apply
Online at elmjobs.com
Link for day shift opening: https://erickson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Pompton-Plains-NJ/EMT-Security-Officer---Day-Shift_R0015998-1
Link for evening shift opening: https://erickson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Pompton-Plains-NJ/EMT---Security-Officer---Evening_R0014569