Paramedic (911) (Alameda County-CA) (Sign On Bonus Available for FT Employees)
Falck US - Orange, California
Dec 7, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $$26.53-$42.36 (Not including OT) hourly
*\New-Hires will be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Full Credited compensation will be applied upon hire. Please apply for immediate consideration. **
*_Falck *_is a is a global emergency medical services provider originating from Denmark that services 4 states in the US including: California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is one of the largest private providers of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
++** Position Summary:**++ The primary responsibility of the Paramedic is to provide ongoing care through established Pre-hospital processes, the environment, instrumentation, other health care team members, and interacting agencies. The primary objective of the Paramedic is to provide safe and expedient response to emergent and non-emergent calls where patient care is provided and continued enroute to a definitive care facility.
++What We Offer:++
· Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
· 401(k) with company match
· Training and Career Development
· Generous Paid Time-Off
The Paramedic (EMT-P) may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Presents himself/herself in a professional manner and displays a good public image for the employee and Falck USA in accordance with company policy.
· Adheres to the policies and procedures of Falck USA, including the operation’s Standard Operating Procedures and Medical Protocols.
· Participates and completes all daily assignments proficiently, punctually and in accordance with the directives of the Field Supervisor, General Manager and other management team members.
· Completes appropriate documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Provides an environment and equipment conducive to safety for patients, family members, visitors, and employees, and in compliance with set precautions and approved standards. Assesses risks to patient safety.
· Operates the emergency vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
· Maintains vehicles and stations in a clean and presentable manner at all times. The employee shall strive to exceed Falck USA expectations for cleanliness of the vehicles and stations.
· Responds to instructions from dispatcher and drives specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations.
· Develops and strives to achieve personal and professional goals established by the employee. Utilizes all resources available to achieve personal and professional goals.
· Maintains communications equipment, medical equipment and supplies in accordance with applicable standards.
++Additional Duties:++ The Paramedic (EMT-P) may be assigned one or more additional duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· May serve as team lead to EMT’s.
· Perform other job related duties as assigned by Management.
++Qualifications:++ To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
· Current state driver’s license.
· Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Falck USA’s Driving Policy.
· Medical Examiner’s Certificate
· Ambulance Driver’s License/Certificate
· FEMA ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
· Other qualifications specific to the local operation and/or contract.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
· Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
· Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical EMT-P duties including but not limited to bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting at established weight requirements, climbing, working at heights, etc. (satisfactorily meet company physical assessments/tests).
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
· Must have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
· Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
· Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
Within 3 months of employment, Paramedic must have:
· CEVO (Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator) or Falck USA equivalent
++Education Requirements:++ The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Current state EMT-P certification
o Current American Heart Association CPR for the Healthcare Provider card
o ACLS card or equivalent training
o PALS card or equivalent training
Falck is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Age: 18 and older
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience: Not Required