PRN Ambulance - Southern California Multiple Locations, California
Aug 17, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 31, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $32.00 up to 38.62 hourly
Accepting Entry Level and Experienced Paramedics at PRN Ambulance!
Starting Base Rate: $32.00 per hour up to $38.62 with experience. The purpose of the Paramedic position is to provide basic and advanced life support and emergency medical techniques to those in need of assistance. Participating in continuing education and training relative to medical and industry advancements is vital to succeeding in this role. The position of a Paramedic must possess excellent customer service skills and is a caring and compassionate clinician.
About the Opportunity:
We offer 10 and 12-hour shifts. *Flexible scheduling* is available from your first day of employment.
We are proud of our recent upgrades (power gurneys!) to our fleet of ambulances as well as our new cardiac monitors and IV Pumps. PRN offers the opportunity to work in a variety of settings – including professional sporting events and supporting our excellent local hospitals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency calls calmly, efficiently and promptly;
- Administering basic and advanced life support to patients at the scene, en route to the hospital and in a pre-hospital setting in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations and standards;
- Assessing the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed;
- Treating patients en route to the hospital, and in a pre-hospital setting in accordance with federal, state, local, laws, regulations and standards and in accordance with EMS policies rules, and guidelines;
- Effectively communicating with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/ or to arrange reception of patients to the appropriate center;
- Completing patient care forms, insurance forms, evaluation forms, and all other forms in a competent and timely fashion.
- Adhere to and follow all policies and procedures concerning safety and contamination by bloodborne pathogens
- Communicates proficiently and effectively with hospital staff and co-workers
- Responsible for cleaning and operating ambulance equipment
- Presents themselves in a professional, courteous and punctual way
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain current industry standards through continuing education
- Must portray a positive Company image and attitude to personnel
- Must be current in local, state and federally mandated training
- Must maintain current industry standards through continuing education
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and written
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must be able to provide a current PPD test results
- Must have completed all mandatory training including mandatory testing
- Must demonstrate a compassionate attitude towards all customers and family members
- Must maintain current licensure in the following:
- CPR/BLS, ACLS, and PALS (American Heart Association)
- Paramedic State Card
- Current and Valid State Driver’s License
- Ambulance Driver’s License
- Medical Examiner's Certificate (DL 51)
- LA County EMT-P Accreditation (We sponsor if you do not have this).
- Post offer must be able to obtain a DMV H6.
- Post offer must be able to obtain a LADOT permit.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Night pay differential and assorted shifts available
- Flexible scheduling to work with outside commitments such as school
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Legal Shield, and more!
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Hiring 18 years of age and older
- Several promotional opportunities such as FTO, Field Supervisor, Management Training, etc.
- Certification Reimbursement: PRN Ambulance will reimburse for your DOT.
- PRN Ambulance offers free internal CPR, BLS, ACLS, and PALS classes to our employees.
- Age: 18+
- Education: Paramedic State Card
- Experience: 0+