Ambulnz - New York
Oct 20, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $18-$22 (dependent on experience) hourly
DocGo is a leading provider of integrated telehealth and mobile medical services. Together with Ambulnz, the first technology-enabled, on-demand ambulance dispatch, DocGo delivers the last mile of at-home medical care. While basic telehealth companies are limited to virtual visits, we’re breaking barriers to bring on-the-ground care to patients outside the four walls of the traditional healthcare system.
Our company deploys over 2,000 EMTs, paramedics, and advanced practice providers to facilitate on-site, non-critical medical services and transportation for patients in the U.S. and the U.K. We’ve revolutionized patient care with intelligent fleet routing, accurate ETAs, real-time GPS tracking for our state-of-the-art vehicles, and ShareLinkTM technology.
Where remote care observes, we engage. Where virtual visits can’t reach, we are hands-on. Where Telehealth stops, we go.
We’re revolutionizing the delivery of healthcare and we need a Dispatcher to join us!
A day in the life of a Dispatcher would include:
- Coordinate the work and activities of EMTS.
- Receive, prioritize and dispatch calls in CAD System
- Provide top tier customer service to medical facilities, the public, and our EMTS.
- Gather patient billing information and appropriate billing signatures.
- Dispatch ambulances to scheduled runs to ensure appropriate medical level of transport care to area facilities.
- Intake a large call volume, triages to determine appropriate level of care and coordinate transport.
What we are looking for in you:
- Having a no task, too big, too small attitude.
- Tech-savvy- Knowledge of computer aided dispatch software (CAD) is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently and as a team member.
- Fast typing skills and experience with data entry.
- Speak clearly and concisely in an understandable voice via radio, telephone, and in person
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Proven experience as a dispatcher in a relevant field (EMS/ Clinical background is preferred)
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of computer aided dispatch software (CAD)
- Proficient in English (oral and written); bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Geographical knowledge of service areas preferred.
- COVID Vaccinated
Perks & Bonuses:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (with company contribution)
- Paid time off
- Dog friendly office!
- Unlimited office snacks and Pizza Fridays!
Location: 35 West 35th Street New York, NY 10001
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Day Shift & Evening Shift available
We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We pledge ourselves to crafting and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences. Ambulnz is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the applicant a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of the position.
- Age: 18+
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience: Proven experience as a dispatcher in a relevant field
How to Apply
Please email MBetts@ambulnz.com with your resume .