Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
SouthernCross Ambulance, Inc. - new braunfels, Texas
Nov 14, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2040
- Entry Level:
- $$40,000 to $50,000 annual
++SIGN ON BONUS: EMT Basic (EMT-B)++
We are looking for a trained paramedic to be part of our team of healthcare professionals attending primarily out-of-hospital medical incidents.
A Medic’s job is not simple, but it is very rewarding. As an employee dealing mostly with emergencies you must be committed and focused. The ideal candidate must be very competent and knowledgeable as well as self-motivated and compassionate.
- • Operate ambulance equipment and respond to radio transmissions
- • Lead and coordinate the team responding to an emergency
- • Evaluate the patient’s condition on the scene and perform preliminary diagnosis
- • Attend to injuries or sudden illnesses by applying a variety of pre-hospital simple and advanced treatments (first aid, CPR, administering injections and oxygen etc.)
- • Use tech equipment and tools to stabilize patients or provide immediate treatment
- • Monitor patient’s condition en route to the hospital
- • Write and submit concrete and accurate reports on incidents
- • Adhere to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legal guidelines and health and safety standards
- • Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology, and medications
- • Ability to stay calm and make the right decisions in adverse conditions
- • Adaptable with a great deal of stamina
- • Excellent working knowledge of medical equipment and devices
- • Annual Wages Based on Experience in addition to qualified Stipends
- • Ambulance fleet - Up to date MICU equipment on all front line vehicles
- • Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance available within 60 days of Full time employment.
- Age: 21
- Education: TEXAS TDSHS CERTIFICATE
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
Texas Driver License – ALL POSITIONS
- • MUST BE VALID AND CURRENT TO BE ELIGIBLE
Texas Department of State Health services
- • EMT-B, AEMT, Paramedic or Licensed Paramedic
American Heart Association
- • BLS and ACLS
How to Apply
++Options to apply:++
- Pick up an application in person at our Administrative Office location at 1718 TX-46, New Braunfels, Tx 78130 .
- Email resume and credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call Sarah Richards directly at (830) 387-5232 if you have any questions about current job openings.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to any prohibited factor.