Emergency Medical Technician - Intermediate
Ascension St Thomas Nashville TN - Nashville, Tennessee
Feb 16, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Mar 16, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $Based on Experience hourly
Clinical - Technician/Coordinator PRN
Successful applicants will be required to work four (4) event and/or transport shifts per month.
What You Will Do
Provide support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during transport.
- Arrive to the scene of an emergency, determine the situation, and develop a plan of action.
- Use appropriate medical equipment and comprehend the severity of the injury.
- Monitor patient condition and perform data collection. Communicate findings and patient condition to primary Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assist with the mobilization, ambulation and transport of patients.
- Age: NA
- Education: High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- Experience: 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Advanced Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the Tennessee Emergency Medical Services Division obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date or Emergency Medical Tech-Basic (EMT-B) required.
How to Apply
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Copy and Paste Link to your browser: https://jobs.ascension.org/careers-home/jobs/57630?lang=en-us
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer