Ascension St. Thomas Nashville, TN - Nashville, Tennessee
Feb 16, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Mar 16, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $Based on Experience hourly
We are looking for Paramedics with strong communication skills, the empathy to care for others, resilient, and stamina to make swift decisions while staying calm under pressure.
What You Will Do
- Provide basic and advanced life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients. Responsibilities.
- Identify, intervene, and stabilize the ill or injured patient under the direction and in collaboration with a physician and/or Registered Nurse.
- Initiate and implement interventions based on transport team protocols. Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provide population specific education to the patient and family about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspect, maintain, and care for equipment to ensure safety of the transport team, patients and public.
- Age: NA
- Education: High school diploma/GED or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Experience: 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Licensed Paramedic credentialed from the Tennessee Emergency Medical Services Division obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
How to Apply
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Copy and Paste this link to your browser: https://jobs.ascension.org/careers-home/jobs/35963?lang=en-us
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer