EMT/Medics Needed for sporting event medical standbys
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
EventMedic Pittsburgh - McDonald, Pennsylvania
Oct 2, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 1, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$15-20 hourly
Emergency Medical Technician - Westmoreland/Allegheny/Armstrong County Areas
Please note. MUST have your own reliable transportation to and from Special Event worksites. If you do not, Please DO NOT apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that event activities are aligned with PGHSafety/EventMedic PGH goals and strategic plan.
- Deliver on-site BLS level care in accordance with all applicable medical guidelines and protocols.
- Calmly and professionally responds to calls for emergency medical assistance and public safety issues within the assigned venue or event area.
- Coordinates and arranges emergent and non-emergent transport for patients to a higher level of care.
- Communicate effectively with venue or event staff and other local officials to provide critical information.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures as required to provide appropriate and high-quality patient care.
- Properly generate and submit all required response and patient care documentation.
- Properly maintain all issued uniforms and response gear, and utilize all personal protective equipment.
- Keep current on NREMT and all required state certifications / licenses.
- Monitor and maintain the condition of first aid offices and medical gear, ensuring that all supplies and equipment are in-date and in proper working order.
- Follow all policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with all established report times.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- Communicates public health/safety issues to venue staff and internal management.
- MUST have your own reliable transportation to and from Special Event worksites. If you do not, Please DO NOT apply
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- State EMT or Paramedic credential required.
- Applicable State certification(s)
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Accepts Newly Certified EMT's. Will Train
- 1+ years experience as an EMS provider preferred.
- 911 Experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective customer service skills.
- A working understanding of special event operations and customer service
- Demonstrated skill in the successful completion of multiple, simultaneous, and rapidly emergent tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies and procedures.
- Ability to write reports and document emergency response activities
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with venue partners and events.
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Frequently: Lifting 50 lbs., kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, multiple physical activities performed at the same time.
- Constantly: Mental and situational awareness, hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting, seeing.
- Occasionally: Works alone or with a team, inside, confined areas noise other hazardous conditions (human excrement, blood, urine, mucous, tissue).
- Frequently: Works in active event and construction spaces, backstage areas, loading docks, and street-side event spaces.
- Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face contact, verbal contact with others, works outside shift-work, extended hours.
- Reading (simple and complex), writing (simple and complex), memorization, analyzing, math skills (simple).
- Frequently: Writing (simple), judgment, reasoning.
- Constantly: Decision making.
Reminder: MUST have your own reliable transportation to and from Special Event worksites. If you do not, Please DO NOT apply
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Emergency Medicine
- Trauma Medicine
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- CPR/BLS (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- EMT or Paramedic (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- 100% (Required)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- Sunday (Preferred)
- There are three background checks that must be performed in order to receive a PA Act 153 Clearance:
-Criminal History Record from the PA State Police (PATCH) system. -Child Abuse Clearance obtained through the Department of Public Welfare -FBI Fingerprint screening (this does not include volunteers with a ten-year consistent PA residence)
If you have these clearances already, you will be asked to email a copy in.
If not, do you have a Problem obtaining these within 3 months of employment?
- Multiple locations
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- No certifications/licensesplease inactiveplease
PAYS ON THE 1ST, AND 15TH OF EVERY MONTH.
- Age: 18+
- Education: HS Graduate
- Experience: We accept New EMT's
MUST HAVE YOUR OWN VEHICLE TO GET TO WORKSITES.
How to Apply
Immediate Hire for EMTs and Paramedics. $15-20 based on experience. Phone interview today, start the same day, or the next!
Event Medic PGH, a Division of Pittsburgh Safety Consultants, is an Event Medical Standby Service providing EMT staffing for youth and adult sports and special events in the Greater Pittsburgh area.
Reply here, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org with 3 dates and times you're available for a phone interview.