Paramedic or EMT Critical Care
Northern Ambulance Corps - Malone, New York
Sep 17, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 1, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$22.00 to 26.50 (experience) hourly
We are looking for a trained NY State paramedic or Critical Care Technician to be part of our team of healthcare professionals attending out-of-hospital medical incidents and inter-facility critical care transfers with the northern NY region. As an employee dealing with life and death emergencies you must be committed and focused. To be effective in the job, the ideal candidate must be very competent and knowledgeable as well as self-motivated and compassionate. The job isn’t simple but it is very rewarding.
· Lead and coordinate the team responding to an emergency
· Evaluate the patient’s condition on the scene and perform preliminary diagnosis
· Attend to injuries or sudden illnesses by applying a variety of pre-hospital simple and advanced treatments
· Use tech equipment and tools to stabilize patients or provide immediate treatment
· Monitor patient’s condition en route to the hospital
· Write and submit concrete and accurate reports on incidents
· Adhere to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legal guidelines and health and safety standards
· Keep abreast with new treatment and medical procedures through continuous training
· Maintain a safe, clean, and well-stocked environment for patients
Individual will need to be on-line with Mountain Lakes EMS Council.
Prefer experienced provider with proficient IV, intubation and pharmacological skills.
Looking to fill several 24 hour shifts from 6p to 6p. Building has sleeping quarters and kitchen.
- Age: 20 plus
- Education: NY State Certification
- Experience: Preferred 4 years minimum, will consider less
· Proven experience as a paramedic or CCT preferred, not required
· Be currently on line with Mountain Lakes Regional EMS Council or obtain this status promptly upon hire
· Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology and medications
· Ability to stay calm and make the right decisions in adverse conditions
· Excellent working knowledge of medical equipment and device
· Integrity and compassion towards human pain
How to Apply
Preferred method is resume via e-mail with current contact information.