Emergency Medical Technician
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
NJ | Mobile HealthCare - Mahwah, New Jersey
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $$16 hourly
The EMT is qualified in basic prehospital emergency care and services by a competency-based educational program of clinical, didactic, and practice. The EMT is licensed to operate an emergency vehicle and provides pre-hospital basic life support (BLS). EMTs shall operate under the scope of practice of an Emergency Medical Technician, as defined by the National Education Standards and approved by the New Jersey Department of Health. Emergency Medical Technicians will follow the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Must be currently certified EM
- Must possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license.
- Must possess a valid CPR card at the Professional Rescuer Level.
- Must possess certification in IS-100, 700, 200 and 800.
- High School Diploma or GED. Associates Degree or higher better.
- Applicant should have at least two years experience in a 9-1-1 or emergency EMS setting.
- Certification in Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) is preferred.
- Applicant must submit a 5 year driver’s abstract from DMV (dated within the last 90 days).
- Applicant will undergo a pre-employment motor vehicle records check.
- Applicant will undergo a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Applicant will undergo a pre-employment substance abuse test and is subject to random substance abuse testing.
- Applicant will undergo a pre-employment medical screening.
- Applicant should meet minimum requirements of a Physical and Physical Assessment Test.
Applicants selected from Indeed will undergo an Aptitude Screening, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Screening, EMT Knowledge Assessment, EMT Skills Testing and Physical Agility Testing. Applicants that pass these screenings and assessments will be referred to our Human Resources department for further consideration.
NJ | Mobile HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, sexual orientation or preference, familial status, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait or because of liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or because of political beliefs. For disabled individuals, NJ | Mobile HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations as long as there is no undue hardship on business operations.
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School/GED
- Experience: None
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Nj-Mobile-Healthcare