Lead EMT Instructor/Coordinator
National EMS Institute - Attleboro, Massachusetts
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $20 hourly
The employee occupying this position will work in cooperation with the Director of Hybrid Learning/BLS Director to deliver EMT instruction by teaching classes, conducting small-group tutoring sessions, conducting skills practice and scenario-based patient management drills, developing lesson plans, and assisting training officers in the delivery of EMS education.
The Instructor/Coordinator’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Exhibit an uncompromising commitment to NEI as a learning-centered institution through the Institution’s mission, vision, values, core skills and learning outcomes, and delivery of instruction and services.
· Provide leadership and maintain a climate of open communication and teamwork.
· Follows lesson plans and lesson maps for a variety of EMS topics, especially those designated as focus areas for regular skills training; helps promote standardized approaches to common EMS responses by making such lesson plans and skills drill strategies available for all NEI instructors.
· Conducts skills evaluation labs and patient management simulation scenarios; documents student performance and recommends improvement strategies where performance deficits are identified.
· Provides or assists with specialty courses such as AHA CPR and Emergency Medical Responder.
· Documents all training activities conducted, including entering rosters of participants and records of students’ performance into NEI-approved databases.
· Responsible to ensure all Training Assistants adhere to their schedules and report deviations to the management team.
· Responsible to ensure Training Assistants and Students report in the required uniform.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Management Team.
· Provide direct student instruction in the classroom as assigned by the management team.
· Assure that all classes meet as scheduled and appropriate make up time is achieved if class is missed due to weather.
· Ensure all classes use practical labs, ambulance, and apartment during class time.
· Instruct a minimum of two Continuing Education course per year.
· Be available and willing to cover additional courses for make up, vacation, and sick days.
Supervision and Management
· Supervise the teaching assistants while at your campus.
· Manage the campus to the fullest ensuring it is sanitary, organized, and ready for use each and every day.
· Prepare and submit paperwork prior to the schedule State Practical exam for review by the management team.
· Attend State Exams for your scheduled class.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
- Age: N/A
- Education: EMT I/C Certification
- Experience: 2 Years of Patient Care Experience
• Certification as an NREMT Emergency Medical Technician.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Be a licensed Emergency Medical Technician in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
• Be a certified EMS Instructor/Coordinator in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
How to Apply
Please email a copy of your resume to Vicky McMorrow at email@example.com.