Paramedic (Full Time)
Sunstar Paramedics - Largo, Florida
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $17.51 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $19.26 hourly
This position reports to a Supervisor. Paramedics are accountable for responding to all assigned calls in the most appropriate and efficient manner, providing the highest standards of patient care while providing a safe and hazard-free environment. The Paramedic contributes to overall patient care in the areas of patient assessment, treatment, packaging and transport.
** Major Duties and Responsibilities:**
- Prompt and regular attendance at work.
- Provide quality patient care utilizing thorough knowledge and appropriate administration of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), International Trauma Life Support (ITLS), and approved medical protocols.
- Assess and treat with appropriate techniques (resources and equipment), any medical situation while maintaining the highest standard of patient care and professionalism according to current company standards.
- Must maintain neat and professional appearance at all times in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain the ambulance and equipment in a clean, organized and response ready mode.
- Complete all patient care reports for each response with appropriate and complete patient care documentation and billing information.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with other individuals within the community and EMS system.
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures provided in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Medical Operations Manual and Code of Conduct.
- Responsible for maintaining current state and county certifications.
- Must attend all Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses on a monthly basis.
- Performs other such duties as may be required.
As part of employment, Sunstar Paramedics offers two plans for full-time paramedics:
Full-time paramedics who join the 5-35 plan can receive:
- $35,000 cash bonus after five years of full-time employment
- $5,000 sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance
Full-time paramedics who join the 3-6-9 plan can receive:
- A choice of:
- $15,000 cash bonus after three years of full-time employment
- $30,000 cash bonus after six years of full-time employment
- $50,000 cash bonus after nine years of full-time employment
- AND $5,000 sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- Age: Must be at least 20 years of age
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: See list below
- Current Florida Paramedic certification (Information for out-of-state applicants or to renew click here)
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- CPR certification
How to Apply
How to apply information: https://go.praetoriandigital.com/?target=lnk_kGLnCRSRnuLmjO8N