911 Paramedic Melrose Park
Emergency Medical Technician - Intermediate
Paramedic Services of Illinois, Inc (PSI) - Itasca, Illinois
Aug 4, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Sep 30, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $COMPETATIVE annual
*****$3,000 Sign-on bonus*****
PSI IS LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL PARAMEDICS TO JOIN OUR MELROSE PARK, IL FIRE TEAM.
Paramedic Services of Illinois, Inc.
Join The Team Dedicated To Excellence!
For more than 40 years, Paramedic Services of Illinois, Inc. remains one of the leading providers of contractual paramedic and firefighter services. By employing dedicated professionals and maintaining high standards, PSI has developed a distinguished reputation in the EMS/Fire industry. PSI provides paramedics/firefighters to communities, municipalities and fire protection districts. We also provide in-house Critical Care Transport Teams and a state-of-the-art ambulance/fire rescue billing service to our clients and other communities. PSI proudly serves over 640,000 residents as well as hundreds of thousands of additional visitors across 2,836 square miles with over 65,000 emergency calls completed annually.
Provides high quality pre-hospital advanced life support that includes patient evaluation, treatment and stabilization to the injured or ill patient. A Paramedic has a comprehensive knowledge base and is able to assess and provides care for a broad range of medical emergencies as approved by the local EMS Medical Director within the scope of practice of an approved EMS System Plan and the Illinois Department of Public Health.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist with vehicle and equipment maintenance, station maintenance, public education, public relations, public health safety programs, emergency medical service training, rescue, extrication, demonstrations, instructing and any other activity that would benefit the Company, its contracting communities, or the general public.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Current/Valid Illinois Driver’s License of proper classification
- Successful completion of a Paramedic program and maintain a current/valid Illinois Department of Public Health License
- Capable of completing continuing education and testing requirements in the system that you are assigned
- Successful completion of a professional and criminal background check
- Successful completion of a motor vehicle check
- Successfully pass pre-employment testing including a Fit for Duty Physical, Drug Screening, Agility and Lifting Evaluation
PREFERRED (but not required)
- PHTLS/ BTLS/ITLS
- CPR Instructor
- Age: NA
- Education: Licensed Paramedic Services
- Experience: one year or less
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- A competitive salary, based upon experience & qualifications
- Scheduled performance evaluations
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 24/48 hour shifts
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Life Insurance
- Credit union membership
- Professional liability insurance
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan (FSA)
- Short & Long term off-duty disability insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- Service award program
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Bereavement leave
- Switch time privileges
- Selective tuition reimbursement
- Reimbursement for State of Illinois EMS relicensing fee
- Uniforms provided, under a one-year reimbursement agreement
- Retirement Award Program
Paramedic Services of Illinois (PSI)
How to Apply
If you are a licensed Paramedic who strives for excellence and desires an exceptional career opportunity, submit your resume firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at (847) 678-4900.
For more information about PSI, visit us at www.paramedicservices.com
Paramedic Services of Illinois, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining talented, high-quality individuals. We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a 401K retirement plan.