Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
Safety First Ambulance - Huntington Valley, Pennsylvania
Dec 21, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Jan 31, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $16.00 to 20.00 hourly
FLSA: Non-Exempt. Hours as scheduled. This position is paid hourly with 1-1/2 (Time and a half) pay rate for all hours over 40 (Forty) worked per week.
Reports to: On-Duty Supervisor.
Position Goals: To provide excellent basic life support to the ill and injured, to include assessment of illness and/or injury, management of such patients, preparation for transport, management during the transport, transfer of information & patient care.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Current Pennsylvania Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification.
· Current Healthcare Provider BLS (CPR) Certification.
· Current Valid Driver’s License with Insurable Driving Record.
· EVOC/EVDT Certificate (VFIS or NSC ONLY).
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
Conditions of Employment:
· Successful candidate must submit to:
o Post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check.
o Pre-employment & random drug screening.
o Pre-employment and annual driving record check.
o Pre-employment background check. Criminal Background must meet the Company Standards.
· May be required to submit to annual TB screening.
· Must be emotionally stable, have good dexterity, agility, and physical coordination.
· Must know and support Safety First Ambulance Mission Statement.
· Must attend all mandatory meetings.
· Must complete Company required annual trainings (Haz-Mat, Emergency Defensive Driving, Infectious Disease, Sexual Harassment and Shift Trainings).
· Must maintain all current certifications, as outlined in Minimum Job Requirements section. Expired Certifications will result in suspension and/or termination of employment.
· Must provide proof of completion of 12 CEU’s per year. All CEU verification records are due by December 31.
· Must complete on annual basis a minimum of 1 hour of training related to Operation of Emergency Vehicle.
· Must function within and adhere to the guidelines of current PA EMS Protocols, Policies & Procedures of Safety First Ambulance, and within protocols issued by the Medical Director.
· Must complete any tasks assigned by management or supervisors while on duty.
· Must adhere to the Safety First Ambulance’s Attendance Policies and Minimum Hours Requirements:
o Full-Time – a minimum of 32 hours per week.
o Part-Time – a minimum of 4 shifts per month.
o Per-Diem – a minimum of 1 shift per 3 months.
· Must respond to all calls assigned by the dispatchers, which requires operating an ambulance in a variety of weather and road conditions.
· Must maintain accurate and complete documentation on all response calls and patients receiving care or treatment from the crew, immediately following each call.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Records maintenance skills.
· Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Knowledge of and skill in the application of basic on-site emergency medical protocols and procedures.
· Ability to perform physical activity requiring full range of motion, bending, crawling, kneeling, reaching, lifting, carrying and walking. Motor coordination is necessary because over uneven terrain, the patient's, the EMT’s, the Paramedic's, and other workers' well-being must not be jeopardized.
· Ability to walk up and down the steps without difficulty and the ability to lift and carry 150 pounds up and down two flights of stairs (300 with assistance) without difficulty.
· Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to walk a distance of one quarter of a mile without difficulty and without affecting the immediate performance of job-related duties.
Working Conditions and Physical Efforts:
· Work involves exposure to the elements, extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and loud noises.
· Extensive physical activity, heavy lifting, pushing or pulling objects over 150lbs.
· Exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations.
· Work with blood or blood-borne pathogens that will require OSHA training.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees, assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivilent
- Experience: 1 year of EMT experience
How to Apply
In order to apply, call our office 2159380508, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use this link to fill out this application: