Best Care EMS- Hiring EMTs $3,000 Sign-ON-Bonus
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
Best Care EMS - Houston, Texas
Nov 12, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $14.00- 16.00 hourly
Best Care EMS is currently hiring EMTs. The fundamental responsibility of our Medics is to conserve life, to alleviate suffering, to promote health, to do no harm, and to encourage the quality and equal availability of emergency medical care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts a careful examination of the patient for signs and symptoms of illness/injury and assists other medical personnel as necessary.
- Administers prompt and efficient basic life support care within the limits of the license certification and in accordance with approved protocols.
- Provides careful handling of the patient to and from the ambulance.
- Provides safe and efficient transport of the patient in the ambulance to the medical facility.
- Must be able to safely lift patients from beds onto the stretcher and into the ambulance; carrying of patients and equipment; climbing stairs or steps.
- Documents all aspects of the patient's condition and treatment on EMS run reports. Obtains and records non-medical patient information as required. Completes other patient documentation and forms as required.
- Conducts regular unit checks and equipment testing to ensure all equipment for which the EMT is responsible is in proper working order
- Must have knowledge of the ambulance Basic Life Support equipment and its proper use at all times.
- Documents and reports all needed repairs to the proper maintenance departments (electronic or mechanical) as well as to supervisors and other ambulance personnel as required.
- In both the emergency and non-emergency setting, operates/drives the ambulance in a safe and efficient manner, following all state laws and company driving guidelines.
- Completes all other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Payroll- Direct Deposit
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- In-House Training (CPR, ALS, PALS)
- $3,000 Sign-on Bonus for full-time new hires
- Age: 18
- Education: Emergency Medical Technician Certification- Basic
- Experience: Preferably 1 year
- Emergency Medical Technician Certification- Basic
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Must have a clear driving record
- Must pass a background check
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional team work with a positive attitude is a must.
- Available to work a set schedule,
How to Apply