GAAA - Galveston, Texas
Nov 10, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 10, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $Hourly Rate: $17.97-$19.02 hourly
Make A Difference in your community and join our Emergency Medical Service Team!
Galveston County Health District is seeking Paramedics!
This position is responsible for performing responsible and technical medical work dealing with emergency or non-emergency and/or lifesaving treatment of patients who are transported via Mobile Intensive Care Unit or Basic Life Support ambulance from the scene of an accident, home or other location to an emergency or non-emergency treatment facility. Incumbent must practice within the scope of their license and adhere to the protocols.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing Retirement Package, Affordable Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long-Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $17.97-$19.02
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
· Licensed or Certified as a Licensed Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic in the State of Texas with no unresolved complaints with DSHS
· Previous work experience as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic is helpful, but not required
· Protocol Certified by the EMS Medical Director within 30 days of employment
· Successful completion of pre-employment written exam, mega code skills test, physical exam, physical agility test, during which proper lifting techniques must be exhibited
· Knowledge of medical care and basic rescue techniques and ability to operate medical and basic rescue equipment utilized at the EMT-Paramedic level of pre-hospital emergency care
· Knowledge of current principles and practices of emergency medical services, patient advocacy, and incident management
· Knowledge of all aspects of emergency vehicle response, including working under stressful situations, in receiving and assessing information, then making appropriate decisions for response
· Map reading and in navigating to call locations under stress and time constraints
· Knowledge of local, state, and federal rules related to EMS and requirements pertaining to operation of ambulances and rescue vehicles
· Knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures and applications of first aid, use, maintenance, security, and inventory of drugs, supplies, equipment and medical records
· Current American Heart Association CPR, ACLS, and PALS Certified
· Must have satisfactory DMV/MVR background check
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
· Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
· Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
· Customer Service Oriented
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· Analyze patient situations and make appropriate triage decisions and calls for additional resources as required
· Provides for patient’s safety and attends to emergency or non-emergency conditions before and after patient is moved to the ambulance
· Assists qualified personnel in extricating the patient(s)
· Transmit information via radio to emergency or non-emergency treatment facility regarding patient’s illness or injuries, vital signs and other pertinent data
· Request professional advice and/or treatment orders needed to administer to the patient in the effort to stabilize their injuries and maintain their well-being
· Operate under standing orders and/or treatment protocols in critical situations, as written and authorized by the Medical Director
· Provide continuing care, comfort and treatment of the patient while in route to a facility and reports any changes in a patient’s condition to the appropriate person(s) and accurately documents all patient care in the ePCR
· Operate ambulance in accordance with state transportation laws/regulations and approved GCHD policies, procedures, and guidelines
· Maintain the vehicle, supplies, and communications equipment in a state of operational readiness, including, but not limited to, cleanliness, functionality, attempting minor repairs and reporting major problems and/or deficiencies
· Maintains adequate, legible records and reports
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Age: 18+
- Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Experience: Previous work experience as a Paramedic is helpful, but not required
How to Apply
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591./
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County