GAAA - Galveston, Texas
Jun 5, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $Hourly Rate: $18.64 hourly
Make A Difference in your community and join our Emergency Medical Service Team!
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Logistics Coordinator!
This position is responsible for successfully coordinating the ordering, stocking, and inventorying the medical supplies and pharmaceuticals utilized by the Galveston Area Ambulance Authority to maintain compliance with DSHS. Responsibility also includes coordination with Fleet Management for servicing of units.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long-Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $18.64
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
· 6+ months Logistics experience
· EMS background is preferred but not required
· Ability to troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and repair minor building issues
· 50% local travel daily
· Must be able to move heavy boxes and equipment
· Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
· Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
· Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
· Customer Service Oriented
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· Serves as the Assets Custodian for GAAA, working alongside the accounting department to ensure that all assets are properly documented, accounted for, and disposed of properly
· Coordinates with the purchasing department to document medical equipment and building maintenance and repair
· Station supply levels must be maintained to ensure vehicle compliance with DSHS is met daily
· Coordinates with Fleet Management to document vehicles maintenance and repair
· Manages supplies and inventory utilizing Operative IQ
· Completes monthly audits reports for Operative IQ and asset management
· Supplemental delivery of supplies and equipment to stations or designated areas
· Ensures all safety materials and equipment are posted at stations and compliant, including fire extinguishers and SDS sheets
· Performs other duties as assigned
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
- Age: 18+
- Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Experience: 6+ months Logistics experience
How to Apply
To apply please visit our website ++http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities++ and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.