West End Fire Company #3 - Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $45,760 annual
West End Fire Company #3 utilizes dual-role personnel to provide a wide range of emergency services to the communities we serve. We staff 2 MICU’s, one 24 hours a day and one from 11am to 11pm daily. Each MICU is staffed with 1 EMT and 1 Paramedic. We also house an engine in our station which is staffed with the MICU crews.
West End Fire Company #3 serves a diverse community that encompasses all or parts of encompasses three municipalities with a broad range of demographics, including part of a National Park, manufacturing, farmland, trailer parks, nursing homes, commercial industry and residential areas. We have 5 major roadways that go through our local as well. In addition to our emergency response areas, we do ALS transfers, to include emergent transfers for trauma, cardiac and neurologic issues as well as discharges to long term acute care hospitals. We handle approximately 2,000 EMS and 450 Fire calls for service every year and utilize new and modern equipment. We offer Competitive Wage, Flexible Schedule, PTO accumulation program, and paid continuing education training.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
· Part Time/PRN Firefighter/Paramedic
· Full Time Firefighter/Paramedic
Duties include (but are not limited to):
· Responds to emergency calls to protect life and property.
· Provides care to ill or injured patients at the ALS and/or BLS level, utilizing sound decision-making processes to determine the appropriate receiving facility for specific patients.
· Combats, extinguishes and prevents fires.
· Participates in rescue extrication operations and provides basic emergency medical care to the sick and injured.
· Drives emergency apparatus, including, but not limited to transport units, engines, rescue squads, and tankers.
· Inspects and maintains the ambulance and fire apparatus and all of the equipment and supplies carried on them.
· Conducts patient assessment.
· Performs related work as required under direct supervision.
· Participates in community outreach activities.
· Performs housekeeping and light maintenance duties at the station.
· Assists in training new volunteer and career staff.
· Work as part of a team and embody the department's Core Values.
To perform the job of Paramedic / Firefighter successfully, an individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.
Education and Experience
· At least a high school education or equivalent.
· Completion of a state-recognized Paramedic education program
· 6 months experience as a Paramedic (preferred)
· 2 years’ experience in emergency services (preferred)
· Ability to speak and understand the English
· Ability to read and understand reports containing technical or medical information.
· Ability to write patient care reports that are medically and legally appropriate for the level of a Paramedic.
· Ability to communicate by radio, face to face, and in writing with fire officers, Company members, physicians, other health care professionals, and laypersons about Fire and EMS incidents, including patient conditions and treatments.
· Ability to perform the necessary calculations involved in the medical field to determine appropriate drug dosages.
· Ability to perform routine mathematical functions such as percentage, ratio, and proportion as is sometimes required in Fire / EMS operations.
· Ability to draw conclusions from observations, tests, signs, and symptoms. These conclusions form the basis of an action plan that the Paramedic / Firefighter will use to determine the appropriate treatment to initiate or the steps necessary to mitigate an emergency situation.
Certifications, Licenses, Etc.
Minimum REQUIRED Certifications:
· Current PA Drivers’ License or equivalent
· Current PA Paramedic Certification
· 2019 BLS Protocol Update
· 2019 ALS Protocol Update
· Annual Bloodborne Pathogens
· ICS 100c
· ICS 200b
· ICS 700b
· ICS 800c
· Pro-Board/IFSAC Firefighter I
· Haz-Mat Operations & Most recent recert
· EVOC & EMSVO
· PSFA Pump Operations I and II -(must obtain within 6 months of hire)
· ProBoard/IFSAC Firefighter II
· Pumper Driver/Operator
· Stop the Bleed Instructor
· CPR Instructor
· EMS Instructor
· Car Seat Technician
All Required certifications must be currently held at the time of application and maintained throughout the duration of employment. In addition, the Paramedic must maintain “Full medical command” status with Chester County EMS Office.
If you possess all of these certifications and skills and believe you will be a good fit into our team, please forward your letter of interest, resume’, and copies of certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org or reply through this posting.
- Age: 0
- Education: 0
- Experience: 0
How to Apply
Email email@example.com or apply through our Facebook page