EMS Director of Operations
Operations Manager or Director
Northwest Ambulance Critical Care - Everett, Washington
Jun 20, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Jul 14, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $TBD; depending on experience and credentials. annual
We are excited to announce that we are seeking an EMS Operations Director (Ops Director) to join our team in Snohomish County and to oversee our organization’s operations as well as growth. We value a work-life balance, support training as well as development and a schedule that works for everyone!
We are partners with local EMS, hospitals, and the community that delivers efficient, innovative, high quality and cost-effective services, which are built around the needs of the people, hospitals, and the communities we serve. The organization started in 2007 with 4 employees and has expanded to four divisions with about 300 employees but plans to continue to grow with the potential of doubling call volume over the next few years. Our operations currently transport 44,000 patients in Whatcom, Skagit, Island, Snohomish, King and Pierce Counties.
Successful personnel working full-time for 2 years at NWA are supported to further healthcare education with an opportunity of up to a $5,000 Scholarship!
++COMPETITIVE SALARY & ADDITIONAL BENEFITS:++
Will receive a company vehicle for required travel and relocation assistance for the right candidate (for hires relocating from greater than 100 miles)!
We offer a competitive hourly wage in the industry, a robust benefit package for full-time employees:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D
* 401k with stellar company match
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Paid holidays
* Employee Assistance Program
* AND MORE!
The ideal Operations Director has successfully managed Interfacility, 911 and Critical Care Transport and is an experienced as well as efficient leader. The Ops Director is a key member of the Senior Management Team as they will report to the CEO and successfully partner with the CAO, General Manager and HR Director. At our organization they will provide leadership for all aspects of its operations with an emphasis on long-term goals, extensive as well as sustainable growth, profit, facility, and partnerships.
The primary goal of the Ops Director is to not only develop but also grow strong relationships and partnerships within the medical community and organizations that work with the organization.
We pride on excelling customer expectations, outstanding service, and integrity in everything we do!
++ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:++
The incumbent must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of the Operations Director, which includes but not limited to:
Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values and healthcare regulations.
Supports directives on daily operations, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the Management staff of the company in support of Company goals, in supplying the best customer service.
Serves as the liaison with facilities, hospitals, other Local EMS agencies. Act as lead "client-care officer" through direct contact clients and partners.
Proactively researches new markets, contracts, and growth opportunities.
Structures, negotiates, and completes contracts as well as purchase agreements.
Prepares and presents Request for Proposals (RFP) on behalf of the company.
Acquires new business contracts and aid the company in expanding its current geographic response areas.
Oversees the organization’s financial structure, ensuring adequate and sound funding for the mission and goals of the company.
Supervises all Operations staff directly or through delegation of authority. Engage in field observations and evaluations of personnel.
Provide strong leadership and coordinate a team’s day to day activity, manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
Performs other related duties as assigned and to help the mission of the organization.
- Age: TBD
- Education: Education may vary; a bachelor’s or higher degree related to: Healthcare, Fire, Business Management, Finance or Law or equivalent combination of education, work, and experience in EMS.
- Experience: Five (5) – seven (7) + years
++REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:++
* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to not only work cohesively and effectively with our team but also naturally lead them.
* Five (5) – seven (7) + years of extensive professional experience in EMS and progressive EMS leadership roles.
* Education may vary; a bachelor’s or higher degree related to: Healthcare, Fire, Business Management, Finance or Law or equivalent combination of education, work, and experience in EMS.
* Proficient Computer skills: Microsoft Suite (e.g., Excel, Teams, Word, etc.) and able to learn other software used by NWA.
* Results driven as well as a proven track record in EMS, exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation with a working knowledge of EMS regulations and laws.
* Skilled in motivating, mentoring, coaching and guiding others to fully engage their talents in service to the mission and goals of the organization; able to hold people accountable.
* Strong ‘completer-finisher’, conscientious, efficient; energetic, determined, and passionate about the work of charities.
* Solid ability in decision making and problem solving and improvements within each department for the overall company success and growth; deliver information with tact as well as within the bounds of our company values and mission.
* The ability to handle stress, deadlines, and multiple assignments at any given time.
Northwest Ambulance CCT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.
We are looking for evidence that you have the skills, experience, and abilities indicated in this announcement. Information you provide will be used for deciding who will be selected for the next step in our process.
NWA believes in supporting personal health/medical choice. During our hiring process you will receive options to accommodate all individuals for example, Covid-19 vaccination record, Medical or Religious exemptions are also options to accommodate.
How to Apply
If you are looking for an exciting challenge and enjoy a fast-paced environment, please send a detailed resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.