Emergency Medical Technicians (911) - Alameda County
Emergency Medical Technician - Intermediate
Falck, USA - Hayward, California
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $18.57 hourly
*Candidates must possess at least 6 months of EMT experience. Please apply for immediate consideration. We will be holding a career fair next week in Alameda. Please apply now and details will follow shortly after.*
Falck is a Danish-owned, leading international provider of emergency response and healthcare services. For more than a century, Falck has worked with local communities, national governments and private organisations to prevent accidents, to rescue and assist people in emergencies and to rehabilitate people after illness or injury. Delivering more than 9 million emergency, road assistance and healthcare services every year, 30,000 people across 30 countries go the extra mile to turn
care into action.
Position Summary:The primary responsibility of the EMT is to respond to
emergency and non-emergency requests, provides basic life support (BLS) as needed, and transports sick or injured persons to the appropriate medical facility.
Essential Functions:The EMT may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide necessary medical care to all patients with whom the employee comes into contact, acting within the EMT scope of practice, as defined by state and local regulatory agencies.
- Respond to all requests for service, as directed by Communications Center and provide the required medical transportation in accordance with the patient’s medical condition and company policies.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies.
- Completes appropriate documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Report information regarding patient condition and treatment rendered to medical staff at receiving medical facilities.
- Follow the direction of higher medial authority and/or public safety officials, as appropriate.
- Provides an environment and equipment conducive to safety for patients, family members, visitors, and employees, and in compliance with set precautions and approved standards. Assesses risks to patient safety.
- Operate company vehicles in a safe manner, in accordance with all applicable laws and company policies.
- Maintains vehicles and stations in a clean and presentable manner at all times.
- Responds to instructions from dispatcher and drives specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations.
- Maintain all required certifications and licenses in accordance with State and local requirements.
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current state EMT certification
- Current Orange County EMS EMT Accreditation
- Current American Heart Association CPR for the Healthcare Provider card
- Completion of IS-100 b course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of IS-200 b course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of IS-700 a course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of Introduction to Hazardous Materials course
- Completion of Blood-borne and Airborne Pathogen course
Falck USA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is Falck USA’s policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment, and not to discriminate on any basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or any class protected by State law.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 6 months of prior EMT experience
High School Diploma
Valid Driver's License
How to Apply
Feel free to send me your resume to my direct Falck Email at email@example.com