Val Verde Regional Medical Center - Del Rio, Texas
Oct 15, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 31, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $Negotiable annual
*****SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATES*****
*****WORK 24 ON 72 OFF*****
++Minimum Entry Level Qualifications++
- Experience and/or level of competency: Current State of Texas EMT - Paramedic certification. Current BLS & ACLS certifications. Valid State of Texas Driver's License. Basic computer knowledge. Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred.
- Academic Preparation: High School graduate or equivalent.
Responsible for the assessment and management of medical, trauma and environmental emergencies. Transports sick/injured persons to medical facilities.
- Able to triage, assess, extricate (if applicable) and treat injured and sick persons.
- Responsibilities include: Life support, airway management, oxygen therapy, venous access, shock prevention, splinting, spinal immobilization, vehicular extrication.
- Ability to establish patient airway with oral and naso-pharyngeal airways, endotracheal intubation.
- Able to ventilate a patient with mask/ambu bag when necessary.
- Able to suction oral secretions.
- Immobilizes extremities on trauma patients; applies direct pressure to control hemorrhaging.
- Able to administer fluids and medications in the field.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Able to assess pain and provide pain management.
- Interprets basic cardiac monitoring.
- Performs and assists with technical skills as defined in the scope of practice.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Adheres to ambulance policies addressing standard precautions, safety regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served. Able to interpret data about patient's status in order to identify each patient's age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Transports patients and supplies safely.
- Maintains ambulance supplies and equipment.
- Operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Communicates clearly and concisely to co-workers, physicians, nurses.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Age: 18
- Education: Minimum of High School Diploma & Completion of Paramedic Program
- Experience: 1 year
How to Apply
Logon to vvvrmc.org/jobs for a complete listing of open positions. Complete an online application and attach your resume before finalizing application.