Deer-Grove EMS - Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Jul 21, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 12, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $Please see posting annual
Located just east of Madison, WI, the Deer-Grove EMS District serves the Villages of Cottage Grove, Deerfield and the towns of Cottage Grove, Deerfield, and Pleasant Springs. In 2018, the service responded to just over 1,150 calls for service. Deer-Grove EMS works with other EMS services in Dane County to provide the closest ALS ambulance service as determined by the Dane County Communications Center and works with our respective municipal fire services to respond to 911 calls.
As a combination department, Deer-Grove EMS incorporates the use of volunteer staff members to supplement the services provided to the communities in our district.
++Volunteer Minimum Requirements include:++
· Provide ambulance staffing for a minimum of 24 hours per month
· Attend one training night per month – held on the fourth Monday of each month
· Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
· Have and maintain EMT licensure
++Benefits to being a DGEMS Volunteer:++
· Uniforms provided
· Shift stipend paid once per month
· Participation in events involving police and fire departments
· In‐house training provides the minimum hours needed to renew your WI EMT license
· Give back to the community when a citizen needs it most
An application can be found on our website: http://www.deergroveems.com/join.php
Once the application has been submitted, additional application materials will be emailed. The successful candidate may be required to complete a written EMT knowledge exam, skills assessment, background checks and driving checks prior to employment.
Deadline for application is August 12th, 2020 at 4:00pm.
Applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be invited for a written and practical skill exam, followed by panel interview, on August 26th beginning at 4:00pm.
- Age: Please see posting
- Education: Please see posting
- Experience: Please see posting