MECKLENBURG EMS AGENCY - Charlotte, North Carolina
Sep 2, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 30, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $19.50 hourly
Candidates that are already EMD/EFD certified may be eligible for a $1,000.00 sign-on bonus and may also be eligible for relocation reimbursement of up to $2,500.00.
Receive process, prioritize and dispatch E911 and non-emergency telephone calls from the public using Medical Priority Dispatch System (MPDS). Process information using Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) system and ProQA software. When appropriate and possible, the telecommunicator will provide instructions and guidance to facilitate emergency medical care and to maximize scene safety prior to the arrival of EMS, Rescue and Fire personnel. Monitor EMS and Mecklenburg County Fire units in the field via radio and CAD systems. Gather and relay relevant information to emergency responders and other emergency response agencies via CAD, radio and phone systems. The telecommunicator will participate as a member of the Communications team to ensure calm and efficient intra-agency and cooperation and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities
- · Arrive for work on time, in uniform, well-rested and fit for duty
- Answer, process, and prioritize E911 and non-emergency calls from the public. Includes:
- Using MPDS to process and prioritize EMS and Fire response requests
- Using CAD map, Power Map and Primary Service Answering Point information (Phase II location) to accurately identify the locations of incidents.
- When necessary and appropriate, use outside resources (Language Services, Poison Control, Nurse Line, etc.) to assist with calls processing and prioritization.
- Establish phone patches as necessary
- · Monitor EMS and Mecklenburg County Fire Units in the field via radio and CAD systems. Includes:
- Relaying scene safety and pertinent patient information to field units responding
- Establish and monitor radio patches for other agencies as needed.
- Respond to mutual aid agencies as they respond, and manage those resources appropriately
- · Maintain all certifications by attending all appropriate continuing education necessary
- · High School diploma or general education degree (G.E.D); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- · Current North Carolina Emergency Medical Dispatch and Emergency Medical Dispatch Certification preferred
- · Prior experience as EMD/EFD/EMT/EMT-P/Fire Service preferred
- · Ability to type at least 40 WPM
- Must complete FEMA classes IS-100, IS-200, and IS-700
This job description (telecommunicator) is classified as an “essential employee” (as defined by Mecklenburg EMS Agency) which requires the employee to report to duty in all types of natural or manmade situations; the employee must adhere to agency disaster work policy.
Interested applicants must complete the online application and upload a resume to be considered for the position.
If you have any further questions, please contact Mary Shockley at MaryS@medic911.com or Office: 704-943-6107
- Age: N/A
- Education: High School or G.E.D.
- Experience: No previous experience required.
How to Apply
Please go to www.medic911.com and click on "Careers" to apply!