MECKLENBURG EMS AGENCY - Charlotte, North Carolina
Sep 2, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 30, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $20.50 hourly
Sign-On Bonus of $2,500.00 and Relocation Bonus of up to $2,500.00 for eligible applicants.
Administers basic and advanced life support and stabilization procedures to patients of an accident or illness scene, and during transport to medical facilities. As a Paramedic, coordinates scene safety, ensures patient safety and appropriate treatment by prehospital medical staff, maintain safe ambulance operations and upholds scheduled or unscheduled events unforeseen during a shift as directed by Paramedic Crew Chief.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Based on medical protocols and assessment of patient condition, provides basic and advanced life support; which include interpreting EKG's, defibrillation, administering medications, including controlled substances, endotracheal intubation, cricothyrotomy, and chest decompression, and any other life saving measures as indicated through the Agency's Medical Protocol.
- Responds to instructions from emergency medical dispatcher, drives specially equipped emergency vehicle to specified location and is proficient in mapping and navigational skills
- Writes complete and accurate Epcr report documentation for each patient cared for.
- Manages scenes of medical emergencies and coordinates with other emergency services while also communicating with patients and their families.
- Work assigned schedule; work extended hours/overtime when necessary to ensure 24/7 emergency coverage for community; able to work effectively for extended periods without regular or guaranteed meal or break periods.
- Ability to calculate and apply basic math concepts.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Must be able to operate effectively in unpredictable situations
- Must be alert at all times or pay close attention to details
- Must be able to work under pressure in medical emergencies
- Must adhere to all work rules, procedures, standards, and protocols
- Other duties may be assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Must have a current Paramedic Certification
- Must complete FEMA classes IS-100, IS-200, and IS-700
- Valid Drivers License
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This position is considered a critical function within the Agency; subject to call back and overtime if required
- Motor Vehicle Record must meet eligibility to maintain insurability with Agency's insurance carrier
- Respiratory Fit Testing
- Agency Approved Driving Course
- All Mandatory In-service Training
- Able to work flexible hours; able to work holidays, nights and weekends
- Medically fit for duty as determined by Agency appointed physicians (able to perform essential functions of positions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a threat of harm to self or others)
- Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods; have dexterity to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands, and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Vision requirements include near vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be capable of safely operating and driving a commercial vehicle in a high stress environment.
Interested applicants must complete the online application, upload a copy of your current certification, and upload a resume to be considered for the position.
If you have any further questions please contact Mary Shockley at MaryS@medic911.com or Office: 704-943-6107
HIPAA PRIVACY ACT Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job. Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes. Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
- Age: N/A
- Education: Education: High School or G.E.D. , Current State or National Paramedic Certification
- Experience: No previous experience required.
How to Apply
Go to www.medic911.com and click on "Careers" to view current openings and apply!