EMT - Basic
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
MECKLENBURG EMS AGENCY - Charlotte, North Carolina
Sep 2, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 30, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $16.14 hourly
Performs BLS and ALS assist emergency medical, traumatic, psychiatric care and stabilization for patients on accident or illness scenes and during transportation to medical facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Based on medical protocols and assessment of patient condition, provides basic life support; including cardiopulmonary resuscitation, administering oxygen, controlling bleeding, applying bandages, application of splints, and obtaining vital signs.
- Responds to instructions from emergency medical dispatcher, drives specially equipped emergency vehicle to specified location and is proficient in mapping and navigational skills
- Provides ALS logistical support for paramedic partner with patients requiring higher levels of care.
- Writes complete and accurate Epcr report documentation for each patient cared for.
- Cares for patients in psychiatric crisis (including S.I. and H.I. pts) providing medical, traumatic and therapeutic communication.
- Assists paramedic partner with emergency scene management coordinating with other emergency services as well as communicating with patients and their families.
- Ability to calculate and apply basic math concepts.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Must be able to operate effectively in unpredictable situations
- Must be alert at all times or pay close attention to details
- Must be able to work under pressure in medical emergencies
- Must adhere to all work rules, procedures, standards, and protocols
- Other duties may be assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Must have a current EMT-B Certification
- Must complete FEMA classes IS-100, IS-200, and IS-700
- Valid Drivers License
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This position is considered a critical function within the Agency; subject to call back and overtime if required
- Motor Vehicle Record must meet eligibility to maintain insurability with Agency's insurance carrier
- Respiratory Fit Testing
- Agency Approved Driving Course
- All Mandatory In-service Training
- Able to work flexible hours; able to work holidays, nights and weekends
- Medically fit for duty as determined by Agency appointed physicians (able to perform essential functions of positions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a threat of harm to self or others)
- Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods; have dexterity to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands, and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Vision requirements include near vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be capable of safely operating and driving a commercial vehicle in a high stress environment.
Interested applicants must complete the online application, upload a copy of your current certification, and upload a resume to be considered for the position.
If you have any further questions please contact Mary Shockley at MaryS@medic911.com or Office: 704-943-6107
HIPAA PRIVACY ACT Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job. Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes. Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
- Age: N/A
- Education: High School or G.E.D. , Current State or National EMT Certification
- Experience: No previous experience required.
How to Apply
Please go to www.medic911.com and click on "Careers" to apply.