City of Baytown - Baytown, Texas
Jan 10, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Feb 11, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $$68,628 annual
The City of Baytown, TX is now seeking candidates who possess the qualifications and talent to join the elite ranks of the Baytown Fire Department as a Firefighter/Paramedic.
Paramedics and those who have Paramedic Course Completion are invited to Apply.
The application period runs from December 20, 2021, and closes on February 11, 2022, at 5:00 PM CST.
The Written Examination and Physical Ability Test and will be held in February 25, 2022.
Please note the following items before you start the online application process:
Applicants who have served in the military must attach their DD-214 (long form) to the online application. Five (5) additional points will be awarded to the final score of applicants who pass the written examination whose DD-214 contains an honorable discharge and at least 180 days of consecutive active service. The application will be incomplete if the DD-214 is not attached.
- Applicants must provide the license number issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services or the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians if you have valid EMT certification.
The following are key dates/items you will want to be aware of:
- Written Examination - The Fire Entrance Written Examination will be held February 25, 2022, at 9:00 AM, at the Fire Training Center, 7022 Bayway Drive, Baytown, TX 77520. Only candidates who pass the written Entrance Examination will be eligible to participate in the required Physical Ability Test.
- Physical Ability Test (PAT)– Candidates who pass the written exam, will be required to take the Firefighter/Paramedic Physical Ability Test that same day - February 25, 2022, following the written entrance exam. The PAT will also take place at the Fire Training Center, 7022 Bayway Drive, Baytown, TX 77520.
- Communication - Throughout the hiring process communication will be conducted via email and text message. Applicants should add email@example.com to their email safe sender list to avoid missing any communication provided by the City of Baytown.
- Performs rescue operations involving removing people from hazardous situations such as vehicle rescue, confined space trench rescues and above ground rescues. Performs medical duties at an EMT level.
- Participates in pre-fire planning, fire inspections, fire prevention activities, and building surveys.
- Cleans and checks equipment on truck including air pack, tools, equipment, oil, engine fuel levels, pumps, and radio. Fills out and files reports. Cleans station, which includes sweeping, mopping, and performing general maintenance such as painting or mowing grass.
- Suppresses fire including trash, grass, building, vehicle, and chemical fires.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- The following are the minimum requirements required to take the entrance examination:
- Applicant must be at least 19 years of age and less than 36 years of age by the date of hire.
- Applicant must possess a High School Diploma or GED at the time of examination.
- An applicant is eligible to take the entrance examination if the applicant has completed a paramedic training program through an accredited training facility. The applicant must possess certification through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians as an Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic or as a Texas Department of State Health Services certified Emergency medical Technician Paramedic at the time of appointment.
- Applicant must be a United States Citizen.
- Applicant must have not have been discharged from any military service under less than honorable conditions.
- Applicant must successfully meet Baytown standards for all supplemental questions relating to criminal history.
Knowledge of fire science and fire fighting tactics, hydraulics and pump operations, extrication methods, EMS, emergency driving and building construction to perform the varied tasks. Skills in operating power tools and rescue equipment. Ability to respond properly and quickly to emergency situations. Ability to work with others as a team. Ability to get along appropriately with co-workers and the public.
The City of Baytown is an Equal Opportunity Employer of qualified individuals.
- Age: 19-36 years old
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Must possess certification through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians as an Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic or as a Texas Department of State Health Services certified Emergency medical Technician Paramedic.
How to Apply
Please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/baytowntx to apply!