Security Officer/EMT (Alaska Pipeline - Rotational)
Emergency Medical Technician - Intermediate
Denali Universal Services - Anchorage, Alaska
Apr 8, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- May 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $DOE hourly
Under the supervision of the Manager, and under the direction of a licensed medical physician or designated healthcare provider, the remote site Security Officer/Tech Medic administers emergency medical treatment and transports sick and injured patients to definitive care medical facilities or evaluates and treats non-emergent illness or injury. This is a rotational position at a remote location on the Alyeska Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS). The point of hire is Anchorage or Fairbanks, and the rotation is 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off.
Full-time regular employees have the opportunity to enroll in health insurance, life insurance, 401k Retirement Plan and short term disability insurance. Full-time regular employees are provided access to our employee assistance program.
The employee will be required to live and work in a remote and confined workspace for extended periods of time and exposure to work assignments consisting of twelve-hour days and able to work day or night shifts as required. The majority of the work is performed in a remote setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities. There may be a lack of immediate access to critical medical services as well as urban community services.
The employee’s work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items. Applicant will be required to successfully complete a post-offer pre-hire physical and fit for duty exam.
It is Denali Universal Services’ business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Denali Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years at a high volume EMS or Medical facility
- Able to proficiently speak, read, understand and write English
- High school diploma or equivalent
- NREMT or State Certified – EMT III or Paramedic
- Minimum of 3 years at a high volume EMS or Medical facility
- State of Alaska armed security officer certification (or ability to obtain
- )State of Alaska EMT III certification by Comity or examination after employment
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
- Basic Life Support -provider (CPR) certification
- Basic Trauma Life Support (Advanced), Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support, or International Trauma Life Support certification
- Valid driver’s license
How to Apply
To review full job description and apply online, please visit: