Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
CARE Ambulance - Montgomery, Alabama
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $based on experience annual
++Position Summary:++ The primary responsibility of the Advanced EMT is to respond to emergency and non-emergency requests. Provides emergency medical care, patient assessment and care and transport services.
++Essential Functions:++ The Advanced EMT may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Presents himself/herself in a professional manner and displays a good public image for the employee and Falck USA in accordance with company policy.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Falck USA, including the operation’s Standard Operating Procedures and Medical Protocols.
- Participates and completes all daily assignments proficiently, punctually and in accordance with the directives of the Operations Supervisor, General Manager and other management team members.
- Completes appropriate documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides an environment and equipment conducive to safety for patients, family members, visitors, and employees, and in compliance with set precautions and approved standards. Assesses risks to patient safety.
- Operates the emergency vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintains vehicles and stations in a clean and presentable manner at all times. The employee shall strive to exceed Falck USA expectations for cleanliness of the vehicles and stations.
- Responds to instructions from dispatcher and drives specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations.
- Maintains communications equipment, medical equipment and supplies in accordance with applicable standards.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by Management.
- In addition to Basic life support treatment and transportation of sick and injured persons, an Advanced EMT is also licensed to perform the following:
- Placement of Blind Insertion Airway Device (BIAD).
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP).
- Peripheral venipuncture and intravenous administration of fluids, to include intraosseous infusion;
- Adult and pediatric intraosseous cannulation (IO)
- Administration of Dextrose, Nitroglycerin, Naloxone, Albuterol, Nitruous Oxide, Epinephrine (IM only), Glucagon Ondansetron, Thiamine, Diphenhydramine, and Normal Saline.
- Providing emergency medical treatment, while not exceeding the level of skill, training and certification of the individual employee.
- Full compliance with all applicable state, local, and federal regulations and laws, pertaining to but not limited to protocols, standards of care, motor vehicle operations, and patient rights.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and treatments rendered.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Prepares inventories and stocks supplies and inspects equipment for proper operation.
++Qualifications:++ To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Current state driver’s license.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Falck USA Driving Policy.
- Other qualifications specific to the local operation and/or contract.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical EMT duties including but not limited to bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting at established weight requirements, climbing, working at heights, etc. (satisfactorily meet company physical assessments/tests).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Must have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Current Emergency Vehicle Operator Certificate or Falck USA equivalent
- State required courses
++Education Requirements:++ The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED.
- Current state Advanced EMT certification
- Age: 19
- Education: See Job Summary
- Experience: See Job Summary
How to Apply
Contact Madison at email@example.com or 330-342-1399