TRAVIS COUNTY E.S.D. NO. 2 - PFLUGERVILLE, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- 49000 annual
Job Posting #: 1903-04-OPS
Posting Date: April 15,2019 Deadline: May 31, 2019
Travis County ESD No. 2/Pflugerville Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/EMT. Please review the job summary, qualifications, and instructions before applying for this position. Only applicants meeting the required qualifications listed below need apply. If interested, please submit all required documents by deadline in person or by mail. Incomplete applications will not be considered for this recruitment effort.
“Because We Care” – Travis County Emergency Services District Number 2 offers fire protection and emergency medical services to over 130,000+ residents throughout almost 100 square miles located 15 minutes northeast of Austin. It is headquartered in Pflugerville, Texas where a safe & family-oriented community aims to balance the preservation of our vibrant history alongside our entrepreneurial spirit to provide all people with exceptional amenities & an extraordinary quality of life. With flourishing industries as well as forward thinking community leadership, our District offers many opportunities for growth, while at the same time maintaining a rural atmosphere.
**Base Compensation: ** $49,000.00 annually (based on an hourly rate of $16.83)
I. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 18 years of age
- Eligible for employment in the U.S.
- Valid (not expired) Texas driver’s license
- High school Diploma or GED certificate
- Valid basic firefighter certification from Texas Commission on Fire Protection(TCFP)
- Valid EMT-B, or higher, certification from either the Texas Department of State Health Service or National Registry
II. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Participate in department sponsored physical training to maintain adequate physical condition to perform job duties.
- Must pass an NFPA 1582 Medical Evaluation with drugs screen
- Must pass NFPA 1582 Occupational Fitness Evaluation
- Must pass IAFF/IFCA Candidate Physical Ability Test
III. APPLICATION PROCESS
1.) If you meet the qualifications, submit all the following documents prior to the application deadline. You may submit the documents electronically attached to your online application or you may deliver or mail all of the documents together to the Human Resources Section at: Travis County ESD No. 2 Attention: Human Resources Section 203 East Pecan Street Pflugerville, TX 78660
- Completed and signed District Application
- TCFP Firefighter Certification (see above)
- DSHS EMT Certification/License
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- College Degree or transcript(s) (If Applicable)
- Copy of your Texas Driver’s License
- Driving Record Check (Type 3A++)++ Click link to order driving record.
- Applicant’s criminal history and driving record will be reviewed and may or may not disqualify a candidate for future consideration depending on job relatedness, date of the incident, and severity. It is recommended to include a detailed explanation of entries on a criminal history or driving record.
- Provide and maintain contact information such as telephone, mailing address, and email throughout the recruitment process.
2.) Pass the District’s standard written comprehension exam. 3.) Pass the District’s Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT). 4.) Successful completion of panel interview.
Upon receipt of your application, all required documents, and verification of qualifications, applicants will receive additional instruction via email.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Grad/GED
- Experience: Entry