Paramedic - LTE
City of SUn Prairie - Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
- Application Deadline:
- 18.00 hourly
· Responds quickly and safely to the scene of an accident or illness.
· Perform thorough patient assessments, determine nature and extent of illness or injuries, and establish priorities for emergency care.
· Render appropriate basic emergency care, such as opening and maintaining an airway, providing positive pressure ventilations, performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillation, controlling bleeding, treatment for shock, immobilizing fractures and dislocations, assisting with childbirth, managing mentally disturbed patients and initiating care for poisoning and burn victims.
· Provides advanced life support: establishes intravenous or intraosseous access and infusing IV fluids; administering IV, oral, sublingual, endotracheal, rectal, parenteral, or nebulized medications; placement of endotracheal airways; performance of synchronized DC cardioversion; external transcutaneous pacing; 12 led ECG analysis; carotid sinus massage; pericardiocentesis; needle decompression of tension pneumothorax; emergency cricothyrotomy; continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP); and end-tidal CO2 monitoring.
· Paramedics are often in charge of multi-casualty incidents and are therefore responsible for requesting any additional resources that may be needed.
· Performs daily ambulance checks to assure supplies, vehicles, and equipment are stocked and operating properly.
· Wash and clean exterior and interior of ambulances.
· General station cleanup including vacuuming carpeted areas, mopping all tiled floor areas and cleaning bathrooms.
· Empty all trash containers and take out recycling materials.
· Wash/fold station laundry.
· Perform other routine station and ambulance maintenance tasks.
** Requirements of Work: **
· Must possess a current WI Paramedic license.
· Must have current certifications on Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (CPR); Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or another equivalent.
· Working knowledge of MS word and Windows with ability to use specialized EMS computer applications
· Skilled at developing effective working relationships with all departments and volunteers
· Ability to use good judgment and to operate equipment and emergency vehicles in high stress and adverse conditions.
· Must be proficient in oral and written communication, including documentation of patient assessment and care.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work on a daily basis
· Ability to interview patients and bystanders and to document all relevant information according to departmental policy
· State of Wisconsin Drivers License
· Ability to meet Dane County's driver's insurability requirements.
· Current National Registry of EMT's certification at the paramedic level.
· Current certification in Neonatal Advanced Life Support (NALS); Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS); and instructor certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or others listed above.
· Completion of a formal course in Emergency Vehicle Operation (EVOC).
- Age: N/A
- Education: Necessary licenses listed in description
- Experience: 0
How to Apply
Apply online: www.cityofsunprairie.com/jobs