EMT $2,000 Sign-on Bonus
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
Rapid Response EMS - Romulus, Michigan
- Application Deadline:
Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000235 EndHTML:000019691 StartFragment:000002066 EndFragment:000019641 StartSelection:000002066 EndSelection:000019637 SourceURL:https://rrems.candidatecare.jobs/job_positions/preview_description/39683 Job Opening:EMT - Basic - Rapid Response EMS
++Position Summary:++ The primary responsibility of the EMT is to respond to emergency and non-emergency requests, provides basic life support (BLS) as needed, and transports sick or injured persons to the appropriate medical facility.
++Essential Functions:++ The EMT may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Presents himself/herself in a professional manner and displays a good public image for the employee and Falck USA in accordance with company policy.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Falck USA, including the operation’s Standard Operating Procedures and Medical Protocols.
- Participates and completes all daily assignments proficiently, punctually and in accordance with the directives of the Operations Supervisor, General Manager and other management team members.
- Completes appropriate documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides an environment and equipment conducive to safety for patients, family members, visitors, and employees, and in compliance with set precautions and approved standards. Assesses risks to patient safety.
- Operates the emergency vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintains vehicles and stations in a clean and presentable manner at all times. The employee shall strive to exceed Falck USA expectations for cleanliness of the vehicles and stations.
- Responds to instructions from dispatcher and drives specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations.
- Develops and strives to achieve personal and professional goals established by the employee. Utilizes all resources available to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Maintains communications equipment, medical equipment and supplies in accordance with applicable standards.
++Additional Duties:++ The EMT may be assigned one or more additional duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by Management.
++Qualifications:++ To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Current state driver’s license.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Falck USA Driving Policy.
- Other qualifications specific to the local operation and/or contract.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical EMT duties including but not limited to bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting at established weight requirements, climbing, working at heights, etc. (satisfactorily meet company physical assessments/tests).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Must have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
Within 3 months of employment, EMT must have:
- CEVO (Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator) or Falck USA equivalent
- State required courses (i.e. IV Monitor/Maintenance Course for the EMT-B)
++Education Requirements:++ The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current state EMT certification
- Current American Heart Association CPR for the Healthcare Provider card
++**Physical Requirements: **++ The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Frequently: Ability to lift, carry, and balance 110 pounds; ability to exert on a regular basis 50 pounds of force and at times up to 100 pounds.
Constantly: Ability to bend and stoop, ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, possess hand-eye-foot coordination and color recognition, good manual dexterity, with the ability to perform all tasks related to Emergency Medical Services Duty.
All EMT’s must also be able to endure the following weight scale as defined:
(O=Occasionally; F=Frequently; C=Constantly)
Lifting, Dynamic – Floor to
Bench Height Left
Bench Height Center
Bench Height Right
Shelf Height Center
Shelf Height Left
Shelf Height Right
Pushing Cart Height
Pulling Cart Height
Pushing Shoulder Height
Pulling Shoulder Height
++Cognitive/Psychosocial Requirements:++ The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasionally: Memorization, critical judgment, problem solving.
Frequently: Ability to remain calm in high stress situations and make good judgments, ability to be unaffected by loud noises, flashing lights and strobes. Simple and complex mathematic skills, reasoning.
Constantly: Logic, ethical judgment and reasoning, active listening skills, decision making, ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal formats, as well as via telephone and radio equipment.
- Ability to interpret written, oral, and diagnostic form instructions.
- Ability to work throughout an entire work shift without interruption.
- Ability to calculate weight and volume ratios and read small print.
- Ability to read English and converse in English with co-workers.
- Ability to read and understand road maps, discern street signs and address numbers.
- Ability to document in writing, all relevant information in prescribed format in light of legal ramifications of such.
- Ability to learn, use and become proficient in all equipment related to patient care.
- Ability to understand and retain a multitude of instructions over a short period of time, and be capable of executing those instructions with accuracy, and in event order.
++Clinical Requirements:++ The clinical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Providing Basic Life Support Care and transport while working as a member of an emergency medical team to patients while in adherence to the scope of practice, patient care procedures, protocols and medical direction according to their level of certification/licensure.
- Determining the nature and extent of illness or injury, magnitude of catastrophe, need for additional assistance, establishing and providing patient care by developing a patient care plan and performing skills within the scope of practice and according to patient care procedures, protocols and medical direction.
- Monitoring patient conditions and responses to care.
- Communicating with professional medical personnel interagency and at emergency and non emergency treatment facilities.
- Obtaining instructions regarding further treatment from qualified personnel, arranging for reception of patients at treatment facilities and assisting with Advanced Life Support Care as directed by individuals with that level of qualification.
- Completes patient care reports in accordance with documentation standards as required by Falck USA and other regulating agencies.
- Assists health care facilities and personnel to obtain and record information related to patients’ vital statistics, circumstances of transport/emergency and the documentation of patient care provided.
- Acknowledges accountability for all patient care provided.
- May assist in controlling crowds, protecting valuables, or performing other duties while mitigating incidents.
- Maintains and continues to obtain at least the minimum prescribed continuing education required to keep your certification/licensure in the state.
- Attends mandatory minimum Base Station meetings as determined by the company Medical Advisor.
- Attends mandatory crew meetings and other mandatory training events as prescribed and required by Falck USA or other regulating agencies.
++Equipment Operated:++ The individual in this position must be familiar with using the following equipment to perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasionally: Fax machine, copy machine, hole-punch, calculator, laminator, and computer.
Frequently: Computer, printer, telephone, vehicle lubricant dispensing devices, wheel chair lift, wheel chair.
Constantly: Watch/Clock, medical EMS equipment and supplies, radios and paging systems, transportation devices.
++Working Conditions:++ The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally: Exposure to infectious organisms and agents, exposure to toxic chemicals.
Frequently: Physical and emotional stamina, heavy lifting and extrication in multiple scenarios.
Constantly: Ability to work as a team member with staff members and other agencies, legible documentation, sensory skills to differentiate clinical findings, visual and auditory acuity.
Driving approximately 90% of time.
++Environmental Conditions:++ Except where appropriate and conducive to accomplishing the goals and objectives of a particular task (such as in an emergency situation) the EMT will work in a well lighted area that is ventilated and is as physically and psychologically innocuous as possible under the conditions which exist at a particular time. Because the essential function of the job of EMT may require exposure to hazardous materials as well as infectious waste, diseases, odors and other situations associated with health care, including but not limited to exposure to AIDS, HIV and Hepatitis B viruses involving Risk Classification Category 3, environmental conditions will fluctuate. To be qualified for the position of EMT, an applicant/employee will have the ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for patients, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to self or others.
The EMT regularly works in outside weather and is regularly exposed to wet or dry conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. The EMT frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles (potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne and airborne pathogens), toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: 3-5 years preferred
How to Apply
Please go to http://rrems.candidatecare.jobs/