Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
Central EMS - Roswell, Georgia
- Application Deadline:
Position: EMT (Basic - Advanced) Company: Central EMS Location: Roswell, GA Summary: Provides patient care in both the emergency and non-emergency environment. Ensures compliance with all State of Georgia EMS rules and regulations. Checks and maintains all ambulance equipment and vehicle to insure it is clean and in proper working condition. Maintains all company required licenses and certifications for an EMT position. Must hold a State of Georgia Drivers License. Must attend mandatory training in addition to all EMT required courses. Follow all company policies and procedures including company medical director approved protocols and standing orders. Employees hired into this position are subject to a six month introductory probationary period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to all calls for service dispatched from the Central EMS communications center as directed.
- Provide care and treatment to patients according to company policy and the company medical director protocols.
- Ensures ambulance and all equipment is cleaned and checked daily. Any deficiencies should be reported immediately to the shift supervisor or Operations Manager.
- Prepares and completes appropriate reports including Patient Care Reports (PCR), billing, exposure reports, incident reports, daily, weekly and monthly unit check offs.
- Ensures unit and crew members adhere to Central EMS policies, procedures, guidelines, directives and standards. Reports any deficiencies to the shift supervisor or Operations Manager.
- Ensures vehicle placed in-service comply with required laws, rules license, and regulations as outlined by the State of Georgia and other authorized agencies.
- Prompt and regular attendance at work and mandatory meetings.
- Maintain a state of readiness and professionalism while on-duty.
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct while in company uniform either on or off duty.
- Self-motivated and requires little supervision and direction.
- Performs other such duties as may be required
Qualifications Minimum EMT Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- State of Georgia EMT License
- Basic Life Support Certification
- PHTLS or equivalent certification (within 6 months of hire date)
- EVOC or equivalent certification
- Current State of Georgia Drivers License
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for providing on-site emergency medical services.
- Knowledge of company medical director approved protocols and standing orders.
- Ability to read and interpret local maps.
- Demonstrated skills in the successful completion of multiple, simultaneous and rapidly emergent tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand medical terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, and correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions regarding patient care, Central EMS operations and other customer service issues.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize personal computer systems including PCR reporting, email and MDT applications.
- Demonstrated ability to represent Central EMS and other team members as an EMS professional.
FLSA: Non-Exempt Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, stand, or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 180 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 300 pounds with assistance from others. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment: Due to the nature of EMS Care working conditions, employees may be exposed to inclement weather, potential hazardous conditions, psychological stressors, diseases and other illnesses. Frequent interruptions, work pressure, difficult personalities and irregularities in work schedule are expected. Employee is subject to continually changing deadlines, while performing the duties of this job. The employee will be occasionally required to attend meetings, some of which may take place outside of regular working hours. The employee will occasionally go for periods of time without sleep, food, or breaks as determined by call load.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Need a license
How to Apply
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org