EMT/Driver - Full Time
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
Injury Care EMS - Boise, Idaho
- Application Deadline:
- 11 hourly
Injury Care EMS is looking for Full time EMT/Drivers. Our EMT’s float between our non-medical transportation services and our EMS services depending on volume and need.
ABOUT US: Injury Care EMS is the largest private ambulance transport company in Idaho. We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year out of our Boise, ID location. Our mission is always to provide the best quality care for patient transport by ground or air. We attend to the patient, family, and caregivers, providing a seamless transport experience for everyone, all while creating a positive work environment for our team members. We are currently seeking skilled EMT’s to join our rapidly growing team.
JOB DESCRIPTION We value individuals who demonstrate professionalism, compassion, initiative, a sense of humor, a good work ethic, and who are team players. Flexible schedule and excellent health benefits provided after initial probationary period. Veterans and other military service personnel are encouraged to apply.
Pay is DOE.
- Provide necessary high-quality treatment and care of patients, whether ill or injured, during the transport, by ground or air ambulance, and in the pre-hospital setting or from one healthcare facility to another. Support includes assessment, triage, and treatment utilizing standards and guidelines established by Medical Director.
- Maintain thorough and accurate patient care documentation, and complete that documentation prior to the completion of each shift.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals and the public.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices, reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Assists in pre-trip and post-trip check of vehicles and equipment including inventorying and stocking supplies and inspecting equipment for proper and safe operation.
- Must be able to safely lift, transfer and maneuver patients in and out of ambulances, vans, facilities, residences and other locations.
- Respond to emergency calls, assess patient condition and make critical care decisions quickly.
- Follow proper protocol and maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Perform all physical requirements of job in confined spaces and under adverse environmental conditions.
Preferred skills and certifications
- History of Red Card & Pack training for Wildland Fires
- Knowledge of ESO
- Age: 21
- Education: Certification
- Experience: Prefer some experience with medical transports
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Highschool diploma or GED minimum.
- Current EMT-B or AEMT license.
- State insured driver’s license with clean, insurable driving record
- Ability to work varied shifts. This included weekends, evenings, and nights.
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to communicate and work with a variety of people one-on-one, and in large groups, often in highly stressful situations.
- Medical charting and documentation experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please go to our website https://injurycareems.com/jobs and fill out the online interest form & attach a current resume. IF YOU ARE APPLYING FROM OUT OF STATE, PLEASE LET US KNOW WHEN YOU WILL BE RELOCATING TO IDAHO.
Thanks for your interest!
Injury Care EMS is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.