Lawrence County EMS - Ironton, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- 11.90 hourly
Provides advanced life support care to the sick and injured and safely transports customers of all ages to a medical facility. In addition, the paramedic assists with other services and events as directed by Lawrence County Emergency Medical Service
- Provides compassionate, advanced life support care to customers of all ages at the scene and in the ambulance.
- Coordinates customer care with partner and other responders providing care.
- Inspires compassionate care by treating our customers, families, staff and others with courtesy, kindness, and respect.
- Communicates customer outcomes verbally with accurate, concise radio reports to the accepting hospital and to hospital staff accepting customer.
- Completes accurate written customer care record that is legible at completion of the customer transport and enters customer care record into electronic record system.
- Performs operational duties to ensure worthiness and cleanliness of ambulance and equipment.
- Operates ambulance in a safe manner, obeys traffic laws and Lawrence County EMS policy pertaining to safe driving and utilizes optimal safety precautions in all other aspects of this position.
- Takes an active role in professional development.
- Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
- The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
- The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
- Age: Must be atleast 18
- Education: Successfully complete paramedic training program from an accredited institution required.
- Experience: Previous ambulance experience preferred. Previous advanced life support experience preferred.
- Association of Science degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, problem solve, make decisions during emergency situations and work independently.
- Possess or quickly acquire knowledge of the street and highway system within the service area.
- Ohio Paramedic Certification (ACLS and BLS certification is incorporated into the Paramedic certification)
- Valid State Class D driver's license in the state of residency with an acceptable driving record.
- PALS/PEPP Preferred
- PHTLS/ITLS Preferred
How to Apply
Visit our website at www.lcems.us and click on application.