Emergency Call Taker
American Medical Response Dallas - Dallas, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- 14.58 hourly
It is the responsibility of the Emergency Call Take Professional to answer incoming Emergency and Non-Emergency calls using Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) triage procedures, assigning those calls to the appropriate dispatcher while maintaining a professional, courteous demeanor. These calls must be held with the highest regard and the Emergency Call Take Professional must speak in a clear and concise manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming 9-1-1 calls, collect important information from the caller, enter the required information into the Computer Aided Dispatch System, and notify other service agencies for action as required.
- Answer all incoming non-emergency calls, determine the caller’s needs and confirm eligibility. Correctly receive and enter all information regarding the request of a transport into the Computer Aided Dispatch System.
- When appropriate, provide pre-arrival instructions based upon NAED protocols to callers with a medical emergency
- Answer 9-1-1 calls of a fire response nature, entering data into the Computer Aided Dispatch System for the call to be dispatched to the appropriate fire/rescue agency
- Maintain EMD certification - training paid by AMR
- Maintain a professional, courteous demeanor with callers, network providers and any other individual who may contact the Communication Center.
- Must speak in an effective and efficient manner to all customers and associates.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Center equipment and applications
- Assist dispatchers in alerting customers to any changes or modification to the estimated time of arrival of the transportation resource.
- Provide “Professional Exceptional Service” to all customers, both internal and external.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude to ensure a cohesive working environment with all personnel within the Center.
- Work with other departments to ensure a team oriented environment is maintained.
- Participate in quality improvement activities as they relate to all established “Customer First” service standards.
- Support and uphold established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, and safety standards.
- Maintain performance levels consistent with departmental standards.
- Maintain competency and enhances professional growth and development through internal certification opportunities.
- Maintain professional, positive behaviors, approaches, attitude and commitment to interpersonal service toward customers, visitors, and coworkers.
- Attend scheduled department meetings and training sessions.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain all department required certifications/licensures.
- Must complete EMD Certification Courses provided through AMR or provide EMD Certification upon employment with AMR.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays
- Must type 32 wpm
- Other duties as defined by formal job description.
- Age: Must be 18 Years of Age
- Education: Must have GED/ HS Diploma
- Experience: None required
How to Apply
Please apply at: https://jobs.evhc.net/AMR/job/Farmers-Branch-Dallas%2C-TX-Emergency-Call-Take-Professional-Full-Time-TX-75244/447807100/