Part Time Dispatchers
Mifflin Township - Gahanna, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- 23.19 hourly
The Mifflin Township Division of Fire seeks energetic and dependable individuals to serve as Contingent (Part-time) Dispatchers for the Metropolitan Emergency Consortium Communications (MECC) 911 Center in Gahanna, Ohio.
MECC’s Public Safety Dispatchers / Tele-Communicators work in a dynamic and exciting environment and are the primary link between the public and the fire and emergency medical services for six regional fire departments. The Dispatchers perform a variety of specialized technical and clerical duties involved with the operation of the MECC’s communication center. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast paced work environment; receive, analyze, process, and disseminate emergency and non-emergency information provided by citizens and public safety personnel via telephone and radio; and provide excellent customer service.
1. Completed Application
2. Resume and cover letter indicating intent to participate in the process.
3. Documentation showing completion of the following training / certifications:
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Provider Certification – American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- IS-100.b - Introduction to Incident Command System*
- IS-700.a - National Incident Management System (NIMS) - An Introduction*
- IS-800.b - National Response Framework - An Introduction*
- Desired Training – not prerequisites; however credit will be given for consideration
- Basic Tele-Communicator 40-hour course or equivalent
- Priority Dispatch Emergency Medical and Fire Dispatcher certifications or APCO Emergency Medical Dispatcher Certification
*NOTE: IS-100, IS-700, & IS-800. All courses are available via the FEMA EMI Independent-Study website at http://training.fema.gov/IS/crslist.asp
Applicants are required to submit proof of prerequisite training with their application. Applicants who do not have proof of prerequisite completion will not be able to continue in the hiring / selection process.
A Contingent Dispatcher must be expected to work:
- 24 hours / month
- 1 major Holiday per calendar year
- Night shifts (7 pm - 7 am)
The pay while training is $18.55/hour. Step one pay post training is $23.19/hour.
- Age: 18 years or older
- Education: see prerequisites
- Experience: see prerequisites
How to Apply
Please visit the MECC Dispatcher Job Posting (www.mifflin-oh.gov, Departments, Human Resources, Job Openings / Application) to view the position description and complete an application.
Online Applications must be received by 4:00 pm February 23, 2018. Other forms of applications, resumes, or supporting documents faxed, emailed, incomplete, and /or completed packets received after the application deadline will not be considered.